Chapter 57

I watched as Anne came in and I smiled, grabbing her hands.

"Hi, it is nice to see you again. Duncan is upstairs," I said and she smiled, which was lovely and headed up. I waited downstairs, going on the pull-up bar when they came back down in nicer clothing. I looked at them both weirdly and jumped down, cleaning up the sweat on my neck with a towel.

"Are you two going on a date, because you both look nicer then when I just saw you two minutes ago," I said and Anne laughed, walking up to me and grabbing my hand.

"Maybe she should come with us."

"No," he said and I looked at him with confusion and looked at her.

"Am I not enjoyable company?" We both laughed and looked back at Duncan, who sighed and crossed his arms.

"She probably doesn't even want to go with us." I looked at him and walked past him and put on nicer clothes, which was a suit and I came back out.

"Where are we going?"

 "We're going to Garrick's art show, do you want to come?" Duncan asked and I scoffed and stood up.

"I thought this was going to be someplace fun. Garrick as in, the weirdo?" Duncan looked at me with an irritated look and I sighed and realized that that was rude. 

"Okay, since Anne is going, I am going," I said and Anne took my arm and we I followed Duncan to his car where we went to the art show. I walked around for a long time, looking at the creepy sculptures that Garrick made and felt him and Duncan come up behind me. Garrick was nice, he was just... creepy.

"Maria, it is nice to see you again," Garrick said and he kissed my hand. I had forgotten how hot he was, which made me smiled and he looked around.

"Not your type of art show, but I hope you don't hate it completely." I laughed a little bit and so did he.

"No, I think that art is art no matter if I like it or not. Art isn't an opinionated thing... it is merely if it has the abilities to be art and I would say that you have the ability, Garrick."

"Please, just call me John," he said and I nodded, taking his arm as he offered it. I walked with him and he put his hand on a statue of another Gargoyle. I looked up at him and he looked at Duncan.

"This is a conjoined present, I want both of you to have it." I looked at Duncan and he looked at me, to which I laughed and he smiled, kissing me on the cheek as he looked at Anne, who walked back up to us.

"Sorry, that was the Hospital," she said and Duncan smiled, hugging her.

"This is Dr. Anne Lindsay, Anne, this is John Garrick," Duncan said and Garrick smiled, kissing her hand as well.

"I have to go, but I will have someone carry this for you," he said and I nodded, feeling Duncan brush up behind me and he whispered into my ear.

"Do you actually want that?" I laughed and looked at him, smiling.

"It isn't that ugly," I said and a man did come up and walk it to Duncan's car. I smiled at Garrick one more time before we left and I ended up having to sit in the back.

"Do you have a little crush on Garrick?" Duncan asked, mocking me. I smirked and looked at the statue, Anne looking back at me.

"I had a feeling that you liked the mysterious ones," she said and I laughed, hitting her lightly on the knee.

"No... he freaks me out," I said, which was true, but the no wasn't. I got out of the car and Duncan made me carry the statue, which I ended up putting on his desk. Richie walked in and Duncan looked at the statue, which made Richie look at it.