Chapter 50

"Maria, I would like you to meet some people," Richie said and a woman walked in with a baby in her hand. I smiled and walked up to her, looking at the baby with a smile.

"Hi, nice to meet you, I am Maria, Richie's girlfriend," I said and she looked up at me and then at Richie with confusion.

"Oh... you have a... a girlfriend." He nodded and I stared at her with confusion.

"Yeah. What's this little dude's name?" I asked and I ran my finger over the baby's cheek and the baby smiled.

"Richie, can we talk?" she asked and I looked at Richie and he looked at me, sighing as he left the room. I sat on the bed and wondered what the Hell was going on.

"Is there a problem?" I asked as I left the room. They both looked at me and I looked at Richie.

"Are you cheating on me?" I asked and he shook his head violently and hugged me, which reassured me he wasn't.

"NO, NO... she... this is my baby," Richie said and I just stared at him and looked at her. There was no way, immortals can't have children.

"Richie, I need to talk to you for a minute," I said and I pulled him away and he looked down at me and I just stared at him.

"I am going to head to Joe's, Duncan told us to meet him there," Richie said and I was so confused.

"What the Hell is Joe's?" He smiled and looked at the woman as the woman walked up to us and sighed.

"I am going to go back to my apartment. When you are ready to talk, we will." I looked at Richie again as she left and he looked down at me and sighed.

"I will explain everything, come on," he said and I nodded, jumping in my car and I drove to the location. I entered and looked around to see Joe behind the counter. I laughed a little and sat down at the bar.

"Wow, when Richie said Joe's I didn't actually think you were owning the bar," I said and he laughed a little, to which Duncan sat next to us and Joe handed me a drink.

"I have something to say," Richie said and I nodded, wanting an explanation so badly. I looked at Joe and he looked at me.

"Is it possible for an immortal to have a kid before they are immortal?" Duncan looked at Richie with complete shock and Joe sighed.

"I don't think so, kid. Why?" Richie nodded and Duncan put his hand on Richie's shoulder.

"A woman came to the club with him saying that Richie is the father of her child, but that doesn't make a lick of sense to me," Duncan nodded and Richie looked at me.

"That doesn't mean that I can't be in the child's life," he said and I nodded, feeling Richie drift away from me. I chugged my drink and I suddenly knew that Richie wanted to be with this woman more than me, which somehow I didn't have the biggest problem with. I ran my hand through my hair and nodded again, not knowing what to say to make this situation better or worse.

"If you want to be with that child, Richie, then you be with that child and its mother." Richie looked at me and I looked at him.

"I know the kid isn't mine, but-"

"It's okay Richie. This woman wants you to be the Father, she chose you out of so many people in this world." He nodded and I put my hand on his shoulder.

"I need to pick?" he questioned and I nodded.

"It isn't that hard, Richie. You need to pick her," I said and Joe and Duncan began to stare at me but my main focus was on Richie and Richie only. He looked at me with so much sadness that I didn't know what to say anymore. Richie sighed and began to walk out of the bar.