Chapter 66

I was doing what I did everyday, writing and drawing when I heard a knock at the door and Abe walked in. I looked at him and he looked at me, holding a folder.

"I have something for you," he said and I nodded, moving everything aside and he sat down next to me, handing me the folder.

"What is it?" I asked and I looked in seeing an immortal I hadn't seen in a long time. I looked up at him and he shrugged his shoulders.

"It was from Methos," he said and my neck turned so fast to him, so I threw the folder down and he sighed.

"Where, where is Methos?"

"He couldn't stay, he said he wished he could, but he left that with me to give to you. I don't know why, he didn't explain much, but I thought you might like to see it. He said it was important."

"I would like to see HIM," I said and Abe sighed as he grabbed my hands, but I had enough of the babying of me and pushed myself up and looked out the window, pissed at Methos this time.

"I know... but he had to fly out of Europe for a little bit, trust me he didn't want to leave either. He told me he had been watching over you still after your last encounter."

"Tell Adam to not bother," I said and threw the folder on the ground, walking over to the kitchen where I got a bottle of wine and popped it open, chugging some. I was angry that I couldn't find him and yet he constantly knew and watched over me. Abe sighed and stood up, following me to the kitchen where he slowly took the bottle away from me.

"Will you please just be grateful, that could save someone's life. You are lucky that he wants to help you in the first place." I looked at him and couldn't calm down for some reason, even though I wanted to.

"I am not in a good mood right now, Abe and if he really wanted to help, then he would have given it to me himself."

"Maria... he is Methos and Adam... he can't give up being Adam just for you," he said and I realized how much of an asshole I was.

"You're right, I'm sorry, I just... I miss him and yet I hardly knew him well. I protected him for a couple hours, but then he just left... and it made me sad and I barely knew him at all. I'm sorry, things are just getting rocky with Richie and how he died on live television. I think we are going to have to get him out of Paris and I don't want that." Abe hugged me and I hugged him back, sighing and letting all of my anger out of me. I walked back over to the folder and looked through it.

"So... Russian man," I said and Abe laughed and looked down at his watch.

"I'm sorry to leave you, but I have a thing to get to for Joe." I smiled and he walked out the door and he began to greet someone at the door, realizing it was Duncan I looked up and saw him and Anne. I got so excited, smiling and laughing as I rushed over to her and hugged her.

"OH MY GOD! What are you doing here? It is so good to see you," I said and she smiled and I laughed with her.

"I had a bit of a weird experience on the way here, but either then that problem, I am great and I came here for Duncan," she said and I smiled and hugged her again.

"Maria... she knows everything," Duncan said and I looked at her with complete shock and she nodded.

"You know what we are? I would hope so because you did see him fall to his death, so I hope he explained some of it." She chuckled and I hugged her again, holding her hands.

"Wow, that is a shock. Then again, it was probably a shock when Duncan invited you here," I said and she laughed and I smiled.

"I have been dealing with it as fast as I can. It is kind of weird to think you guys are immortal, but I have been trying to figure it out." I nodded and grabbed her hands.