Chapter 10

"Duncan, I think you should take a vacation," I said and sat next to Tessa.

"I think I need one too," Tessa said and we all laughed. 

"I am not worried about that right now," Duncan said and I realized something was wrong with him, so I took it seriously.

"What, what's going on, Duncan?" He sighed and Tessa nodded, which made me even more confused.

"Richie was supposed to be back here a long time ago. We sent him down to the store to get an Inca piece we needed for the shop and that was an hour ago." I sighed and went to leave when I heard the door open and Richie came in with a woman. I looked up at him and he looked at me and they both looked scared. I stood up and the woman had a child standing next to her. I walked over and Richie looked at her.

"This is Nikki and she needs to stay here for a while, if you don't mind." She stared at her kid and I couldn't help but get really sad.

"Hi, Nikki, I am Maria Enache," I said and put my hand on her shoulder. I walked her over to where we were sitting and she looked up at me and smiled.

"What happened, Richie?" Duncan looked up at him and he sighed and sat down next to me.

"I did a stupid thing and now I am in trouble." We all looked at Nikki and she looked at the kid again. I nodded and looked at Richie, still confused. 

"She got in trouble with a gang of drug dealers." I sighed and stood up, running my hands through my hair. Richie stood up and walked after me as I went to the kitchen.

"What do we do?" I looked at him with a look of astonishment.

"WE! Who is we?" He looked back at her and his face totally changed when they locked eyes and I sighed and put my hands on his shoulders. I looked him dead in the eyes and that look came back... it was love. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair again.

"What would you like us to do?" He sighed and looked back at her. He sat on the counter and I stood right in front of him.

"I don't know." I nodded and went back over to them and sat next to the woman.

"What happened?"

"Richie saved my life." I sighed and sat in front of her now.

"I need more, like what did the people look like and where this happened." She got angry at me and left, slamming the door behind me. I looked at Richie and he stared at me.

"She is hiding something, Richie, and I need to know what. Get it OUT of her." I walked out of the store to see she was gone. I sighed and looked back at Tessa and Duncan. I grabbed my coat and went over to Richie who was still on the counter.

"We will help her when she wants it," I said and grabbed his hands. I walked out and to my car to hear the door behind me. I looked back and saw that the woman went back inside. She hated me for trying to find the truth. I started my car and drove back to the club which Gavin had already opened. I walked up to him and he seemed to be doing a little better. I kissed the side of his head and sat next to him. He looked at me and turned to me, holding my hands.

"I am sorry for being so distant. I always try to get you to confess your feelings to me, but when you do the exact same thing to me, I hide or I don't open up. I am sorry." He kissed my hand and I smiled, hugging him. I suddenly felt an immortal and looked to the door to see someone I haven't seen in forever.

"Voshin, what are you doing here?" He looked me up and down and smiled.

"You still look great, maybe better." I looked at Gavin and he stood up, Voshin walking over to us.