Chapter 60

I woke up to the sound of a cow, so I looked out my window to see one in the backyard.

"Oh yeah, I am in Texas," I said and looked around the Hotel room. I picked up my bag and went down the stairs and out the door to the street where I just walked around for hours. I to my right eventually and saw the mystery man, which sort of killed my mood, but I was happy to see him again at the same time. I went along on my walk and I stopped at a restaurant where I sat down and a lady came over and smiled at me.

"Hi, what can I get for..." I looked up and she instantly got anxious and I looked around and everyone stared at me. I looked back at her and a cop and two other cops walked in, one of them began to talk on their radio and move closer to me.

"Ma'am, if you could come with us then-"

"Then what, I am confused officer," I said and they all looked at each other.

"There have been killings all over these parts and the killer resembles you, so we need to do a-"

"I just got here yesterday," I said and they all looked at each other again and I stood up, looking around the place.

"I have the ticket right here if you want to look at it," I said and put my hand in my pocket, but as soon as I did they all put their hands to their holsters, which carried their guns.

"Slowly pull it out, miss." I nodded and did as they told me, not wanting to get shot at the moment. I handed it to them and they looked at me and then back at the ticket.

"Okay, sorry for the hassle, Ma'am. If we have anything more we need to do then we will call you." I nodded and looked around at the people again as the cops left.

"I am sorry, but I don't feel comfortable serving you," the waitress said and ran away from me. I pulled out my wallet and pulled out my card, setting it on the table. I watched from the window as she crept over to the table and looked at the card for the club and just stared at it. I smiled and put my headphones on, walking down the street once again. Everyone stared at me as if I did it and I went to the newspaper stand where I bought the paper.

"Of course you would buy the paper where you are the main character you dumb B-"

"Will you shut the Hell up you piece of crap," I said and paid for the newspaper and left. I sat on the bench and read the entire piece on this killer. I looed around for the mystery man and found him, holding up the paper. He pulled out a folder and threw it on a separate bench and I walked over, looking at all of the police records and files, when I heard a person come up behind me.

"Ma'am, we need you to come back to the station with us," the cop I recognized from earlier said as he came up to me.

"Okay, you will be sad to realize you are just dumb," I said and handed him the newspaper, circling the suspect, which was me. I sat in the backseat and he drove me to the station where people began to clap. I smiled and waved, not understanding anything.

"Ma'am, will you please-"

"Will you please use my real name since apparently you know it," I said and he sighed, the cop sitting in front of me in the interrogation room.

"I don't know your name," he said and I laughed, sitting back.

"I thought you knew who the killer was?"

"We just need to-"

"You are accusing me of this murder spree. You can check my room, then again that might not help because I work at an antique store, so there will be a sword in the corner of my room. Test it for blood and you will find out that I am not lying. Also, how am I the killer when I only just got here yesterday night and I have never been to Texas until I got on a damn plane yesterday and came here. I already hate flying and I hate it more when I am wrongly accused for murder. If you can't accuse me or prove that it is me, then I want to leave." I stood up and the cop just stared at me.