Chapter 59

I felt an immortal and turned around to see Duncan and Carbassa. I sighed and he looked me up and down and smiled, grabbing my hand as he kissed it.

"Maria, not a thing has changed, you still look as beautiful as ever," he said and I looked down at him and kept my cool.

"And you are still just as short as before," I said and Duncan tried not to laugh, and I gabbed my hand back.

"What do you want?"

"Actually, I came here just as friends," he said and I laughed, shaking my head.

"We aren't your friends," I said and he just stared at me, Duncan walking back over and he stepped in between us and I stepped back, knowing if I didn't that I would end up punching him. I sighed and looked at Duncan and he looked at me, both of us staring at each other.

"Okay, so I wanted to go to a poker game down at the dock," he said and I shook my head and looked at Carbassa.

"What, so you can win all of the money back that you lost from gambling and dealing with the mob?"

"No... well that isn't all of it at least." I sighed and looked at Richie as he walked in and Duncan introduced him to Carbassa. I knew automatically that he was going to like him, which wasn't very good and I excused myself, jumping on the bar where I began to workout. I felt Richie put his hand on my back after a few minutes and I looked down at him and jumped down.

"We are headed to Joe's if you want to go," he said and I nodded, getting on better clothing and we headed over where I sat at the bar while the other three sat down at a table. Joe looked at me and over at the table and back to me.

"What is the social distancing for?" he asked and I laughed, looking back at them, seeing they were all talking with one another, Richie looking very happy.

"Carbassa," I said and he looked back at the table, going to the wall where he poured me a glass of wine.

"I remember reading about him some when I was in Duncan's file. Do you think he is up to something?"

"He always is, whether it is money or war, he is always up to something." Joe sighed and I chugged the glass of wine.

"I just haven't figure out what it is he wants quite yet." I felt Richie wrap his arms around my neck and he kissed me on the side of the head.

"Hey Dawson, how's the bar life going?" Joe laughed a little and looked around.

"Not the worst," he said and I laughed, Joe handing me another glass of wine.

"I'm going to head back to the club if you want to come," Richie said and I nodded, looking back at the table and I pointed at Richie, following after him as I waved goodbye to Joe. I began to walk away when I heard Duncan and Duncan follow and I looked back seeing a man get out of his car.

"Richie, you might want to go," I said and kissed him.

"On it," he said and I walked over, where I stepped in the middle of the fight.

"Is something the matter?" I asked and the man looked at me and then at Duncan again, going to hit him but I kneed him in the not so nice area and he fell to the ground, which alerted more of them to me. I began to fight with Duncan, Carbassa watching and cheering from behind which was annoying as Hell. We eventually got all of the guys to the ground and Carbassa walked up to us, staring down at them.

"Let's go, NOW Carbassa," Duncan said angrily and I ran away, back to the club where I looked around for Richie. He came down the stairs and looked at me and ran up, putting his hands on my cheeks to see if I was alright. I grabbed his hands and kissed him, looking into his eyes.