more than everything

You and Eren had lazily gotten up to shower, he took longer to get up than you did, and you were already in the shower by the time he entered the bathroom and got in behind you. The hot water hitting your body soothed the stinging aches from before, especially your thighs so you ended up staying in much longer than he did. You washed up and when you left the bathroom, you left in your underwear and a grey tank top. You had to grab your lotion out from your vanity desk real quick but you accidentally made your location known.

"Come to bed please," Eren groans, you looked over your shoulder and saw him lying in bed on his side looking at you with his eyes barely open.

"Just a minute," you respond before squeezing out some of the lotion and applying it over your body.

You went back into the bathroom to leave the lotion in there before joining Eren in bed. He seemed twice as exhausted as you were, your body felt sore more than anything but you really wore him out after work which you found a little amusing.

You pulled the cover up and Eren's head made its way to your chest to which you responded by putting your arm over him.

"It's not your fault." He mumbles, you first thought he was just mumbling to himself but after a moment you realized he was talking to you.

"What?"

"The money. It's not your fault that I have to work more now so don't think like that." He clarifies calmly, his voice is low and a bit deeper and harder to hear since his head is buried in your chest but you understood him still.

You remained silent, you didn't admit that he was right about how you felt but you didn't deny it either. You looked down at him and he tilted his head up, your heart didn't even start racing when your eyes met it just came to a stop completely. The lamp on your bedside table was still on, you could see the slight glistening in his eyes.

You were so content with him in front of you, you felt fulfilled and happier than you ever have been. You brushed his hair out of his face gently and stroked your thumb over his cheek. He was so perfect to you, everything he did for you for the sole reason of pleasing you was something you'd never experienced anymore.

A love like this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity...a love you're glad you didn't pass up on.

"Can I ask you something?" You wondered and brushed his hair aside.

"Always."

"I've been thinking about it since I woke up but...why did I have so many missed calls from you when I was in the coma?" You questioned as you had been thinking about a reason as to why he'd call you so much when you were in a coma.

"I waited for it to go to voicemail so I could hear your voice." He confessed and you had an out-of-body moment after he spoke, you couldn't believe that at one point the two of you couldn't go two words without using some sort of insult toward each other.

"When did you get so cheesy?" you laughed at him and he lifted his head up off your chest and positioned himself right on top of you.

"That doesn't bother me. Calling me cheesy could never stop me from telling you how much I love you." He leans down as he's on top of you, the blanket only covering below his torso and everything exposed was his bare chest as he leaned his head down to press a kiss to your lips.

You were smiling, smiling at his cheesiness and his infatuation with you. You put both your hands over his jaw and you could feel his leg in between yours as you kissed.

"Heeyyyy! The party's upstairs!" Connie swings the bedroom door open as Eren is on top of you, he turned his head around at the sound of Connie and you tilt yours to the size.