not enough

EREN POV:

I didn't have any reception and the next stop was still too far from her. I stood up immediately and rushed over to the doors, there was nothing I could do to get to her any faster. I didn't know who was at the door or what their intentions were but I knew I had to get there.

The five minutes it took to get to the next stop felt like an eternity, something was finally out of my control and that terrified me when it came to her. The train finally came to a halt, the doors opened and I rushed out of them.

Calling for a car would take too long so I rushed to the parking lot knowing exactly what I had to do, despite how risky it was I did it anyway. I rushed down the steps to the parking lot and broke into the first car I saw, smashing the window and unlocking it like it was second nature to me.

I started the car on the first try, immediately pulling out of the parking spot and starting to route to her house from here. I tried calling her back the entire drive, I was speeding and driving through red lights without a second thought. She wasn't answering and that worried me more that something was wrong.

I wasn't that far from her house, especially at the speed I was driving to get there when I finally did arrive, her front door was wide open. I felt my gun on my hip, I got out of the car in a hurry. I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings, or being cautious like usual.

"Y/n?!" I called out while walking through her opened front door, nothing was out of place from what I could see.

No signs of struggle at all, that was either a really good sign or a terrible one. I reached for the gun on my side, pulling it out from being tucked by my hip and I looked around for a sign that she was even here.

"That has nothing to do with me!" She shouted from upstairs, I headed right up to where the sound was coming from and found that she was yelling at someone in her bedroom, I pushed the door open and saw none other than my own dad in front of her.

"Get out." I sighed just at the sight of him, immediately filled with irritation just from looking at him.

Y/N POV:

Eren looked furious just at the sight of his Dad in front of you, he just appeared at your front door accusing you of things.

"We're just talkin—" Grisha tried to express, before Eren cocked his gun and pointed it at his Dad, your heart skipped a beat once you saw Grisha do the same.

You were standing in front of Grisha in the center of your room, he was turned with a gun pointed at Eren and Eren was standing in the doorway aiming his gun right back at Grisha.

"You gonna shoot your own Dad? That a new low for you even after the shit you've pulled today."

"You'd shoot your own son. It's no different than what you're doing." Eren replied back to him.

"You wouldn't do it." Grisha claims, staring into the eyes of Eren which were very obviously furious.

"I wouldn't?" Eren cocks the gun and tucks his finger in over the trigger.

He can't even look at you, the person you saw in front of was Eren, it wasn't one of those times where you saw a man as himself and didn't recognize him. When you looked at Eren that's who you saw, Eren.