calm before the storm

"That's rude. You're a rude little girl aren't you?"

"I'm not a little girl and have you really only slept with one girl?" You asked out of curiosity.

"Why is that hard to believe?"

"Because I caught you in the middle of fucking a girl in the bathroom. It's hard to believe that you're not a whore after that," you shrug and start to see the end of the tunnel.

He ignored your comment and just continued driving, neither of you were really into it at all. You didn't like him very much and on top of that, this is not the vehicle you thought you'd be in.

"Take me home." You demanded and rolled your eyes, you glanced to the side to stare out the window and he didn't respond but instead turned the car right back around and drove even faster than before.

You remained calm because you didn't feel like hearing any more of his snarky remarks, he got you home in under ten minutes, and not a word was said after. You just got out of the car without saying anything and approached the front door.

Sasha was asleep and you headed back upstairs to sleep, you checked to make sure the box was still on your dresser and it was so you locked all your windows and went right back to sleep.

——

EREN POV:

"And where have you been?" Connie propped his feet up on the coffee table.

"Went for a drive," I answered and shut the door behind me.

"Sure...well your dad came by—"

"What? Why?" I questioned eagerly and furrowed my brows toward Connie.

"He just asked where you were, said you weren't answering his calls."

"Shit, I gotta head out." I opened the door right back up and left quickly, if he was looking for me then his calls must've been urgent so I headed out to his estate that was oddly placed just outside of the city.

"Eren." Grisha called out after I shut the heavy wooden doors behind me.

"Yeah?"

"You're late. I called you three times." He approached from the side into the foyer and turned the chandelier light on, he was always wearing some sort of formal wear and tonight his choice was a classic black tux with his hair slicked black.

"I was fixing my car, I didn't hear the calls." I lied calmly and kept eye contact with him, he adjusted the watch on his wrist and I stood there on the other side of the round table in the middle of the foyer waiting for his callout.

"Sure. I want you to bring that lady you're dating to meet me. If she's kept you interested this long, she must be someone worth meeting." He insisted upon and I knew Connie and him must've talked because there's no way in hell I ever slipped up and told my dad about a girl.

"I'm not dating her. I don't date." I explain for what felt like the millionth time, he ignored my comment and headed down the hall past the stairs into the kitchen.

"Ma said you can't come by any more or she's going to call the cops on your ass!" I reminded and followed after him into the kitchen to find him pouring a glass of whiskey.

"Your mother wouldn't do that."

"Bullshit. Yes, she would and you should know that." I chuckled and he sat down on the barstool.

"What did you call me for?" I questioned after growing skeptical of his motives for long enough, I approached him further and sat down on the barstool next to him.