need you

——

EREN POV:

"What?"

"You're not thinking clearly. I don't know what happened during those three months, but whatever happened, you need to forget about." Connie claims, I was sitting on my couch across from him and scrolling through my phone.

"I did forget."

"Good. Then focus on the positives and stop being such a dumbass. Y/n is back and you aren't doing anything about it," he sighs and I squinted at my screen then looked up from it at him.

"Didn't you say she has a boyfriend?"

"I may have lied a little but that's not important." He confessed, I should've known he only said that to get a reaction out of me but either way I just glanced back down at my phone.

"Are you gonna admit that he looks familiar?"

"Who?" Connie asks and I stand up; sliding my phone into my back pocket.

"Whoever that guy is with her. I've seen him before." I explained and thought about the glimpse of his face I saw nights before.

"Or are you jealous and looking for an excuse to potentially murder the innocent man?"

"What's his name?" I walked passed the coffee table between Connie and I and passed the couch.

"I don't know."

"Of course you don't," I softly chuckle, knowing that he's probably lying because he thinks I'm making all this up.

Y/N POV:

"You have another event to attend...it's a dinner this evening at five." Ricardo informs and walks into your hotel room as soon as you open the door for him.

"Is it for the same company?" You questioned and shut the door after him.

"Yeah—"

"Think I could skip it?" You interrupted and turned around, Ricardo looked at you strangely and thought about what you were asking.

"You can...but I wouldn't advise it. It'd be a good idea to make more connections while you're here so..." he expresses hesitantly, you sighed after closing the door behind you and walk over to plop down on your bed.

"I have no choice then...are you coming with me?" You ask and cross your leg over the other.

"If you'd like."

"Yep. You're coming with me," you confirmed and he chuckles a little and stops looking at his phone.

"Do you keep inviting me because you actually don't have anyone to talk to at these events or is it because you don't want to be left alone with your ex?" He suddenly asked, all out of the blue, you stared at him not knowing how he even knew about Eren.

"I saw him staring at me when I gave you my jacket. I assumed from there that he's your ex...am I wrong?"

"Yes. He's an old friend, we've never dated." You clarified, you uncrossed your legs and stood up off the bed, he was infront of you and showing signs of skepticism for what you said.

"I'm going out to get some coffee and respond to emails. I'll be back before we have to leave." You walked around him somewhat quickly and grabbed your wallet off the dresser on your way out.

EREN POV:

—-

"You talk to your mom recently?" Connie asked abruptly while walking into the elevator after me, I knew he'd been following me around the building today so I should've expected he'd ask something like that.