in the air

Eren didn't say a word about where he was taking you, but you ended up just in his car, parked next to the sidewalk.

"Your idea of a date is sitting in your car?"

"You need to be more observant," he advises and points to the right, out your window. You tilt your head to the side and look out the window you saw a street full of street vendors and food trucks.

"I'm hungry." He stated and got right out of the car, you followed along by getting out as well.

It was a little chilly out and cold, you walked around the car to the left to get up on the sidewalk with him.

"You already know what I'm gonna tell you." He says the moment you start walking next to him up the street.

"It's not that big of a deal," you sigh, he ignored you and points to the left side of him anyway, you walked around him because if it kept him from pestering you about it you'd do it.

He put his hands in his pocket of the brown leather jacket, it was a classic one, not one of those biker ones despite you always thinking he dressed like a cliche biker.

The fact that he was going to pay your tuition still felt weird to you, you didn't say anything out loud but you couldn't get it off of your mind.

"Y/n?" Eren says to gain your attention, you had been looking at the sidewalk below your feet while thinking.

"Not to sound cocky but a hundred fifty thousand dollars is equivalent to a dollar for me. So stop looking so sad, you're not robbing me. I'm not just paying because I can afford it, I'm paying so I can continue to see you." He insisted and turned his head to look at you as you two walked alongside each other.

"I know but—"

"I'd pay more if that meant I could keep seeing you. Don't stress it," he interrupted as you were getting closer to the food trucks and street vendors.

You smiled a little at him and after catching sight of all the vendors that caught your attention, without a second thought you grabbed his hand and pulled him around the corner at the top of the street so you could make your way over to the cart.

His hand was cold at the fingertips but you warmed his hands up with your own, you led him to the street vendor that caught your attention, he was selling chicken on a stick and all of a sudden that's what you wanted.

As soon as the man saw you approaching the cart, he picked up one of the chicken sticks for you and handed it to you before you even asked.

"I'll take that one," Eren pointed to a different flavor than you had and let go of your hand to pull out his wallet while you were eating the piece of chicken off the stick, one by one.

"I can pa—"

"Nope," he denied your offer to pay and handed the man the cash, he took his kebab and you were standing next to each other eating the kebabs of chicken together, you began walking together. You felt him lock his hand with yours again as you walked together.

"Do you like cotton candy?" You wondered while strolling without a care in the world.

"No, it's too sweet. You?"

EREN POV:

"It's okay, I think there are better sweets than cotton candy though." She expressed, she began rambling on and on about some of her favorite sweets and the ones she thought were the best, I didn't stop her once.

I just listened to her talk, it was my favorite thing to do when it came to her. She had so much to say about specific things it was intriguing to me, she started talking about the food trucks and street carts we were walking by, and she continued to do so for almost ten minutes, still, I hadn't interrupted her but rather listened to all the things she had to say.