start

"I'm not doing this bullshit." Sasha scoffs and shoved the books off the table.

"Why do you even attempt?"

"You're right. Could you take me to cheer practice?" Sasha asked you and yawned while getting up out of the chair.

"It's literally a five-minute walk from here."

"Yeah but I want you to walk with me...so can you?" She asked again and you nodded as you scrolled on your phone at the sound of a message.

"Sure, right now?"

"Yep. I've gotta be there in ten minutes, when we're late Historia's hair gets all staticky, it's funny," she laughed and you watched her pull her hair into a high ponytail while you grabbed your house keys and started walking to the front door.

Sasha was right behind and the two of you left your house, you walked along the sidewalk talking on the way to her practice. She was in her cheer practice uniform, black shorts, and a basic top. You were wearing a matching set, black leggings, and a black skin-tight cropped top since it had been so hot out recently and you were about to go sit in the sun for her practice.

"Whatever happened to that guy you had lunch with?"

"He remained a guy I have lunch with...what do you mean?" You asked and the two of you turned into the campus you attended and started heading for the football field.

"That's it? I thought you liked him and he asked you out?"

"Oh. He did and I said no," you shrugged and Sasha nodded while shaking her head with a little grin.

"Shocker!"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Y/n when was the last time you actually dated someone?" She giggled when asking and you thought about it for a moment, you were trying to pinpoint when the last time you didn't just go on a date with a guy and not really go further than that.

"Exactly...but I'm not judging, you just like to have shit loads of fun and I wish I could do the same,"
She cheers happily and you rolled your eyes at her sudden enthusiasm.

"Why can't you?"

"I like being in relationships. They're comforting," she answered and you nodded but knew you'd never feel the same.

"Oh yeah, the football team is practicing on the same field too. Did you bring your headphones, they get kinda loud," she asked when you pushed the gate open to the open football field and had to walk along the long row of seats before Sasha went down the steps.

"Nah, I forgot-"

"Here. Take mine, they're annoying as shit so I don't want you to have to deal with it," she offered a new pair of headphones in packaging still and you nodded while she rushed off down the steps and you sat somewhat in the front row of the football stadium so you could watch her practice.

You sat down and plugged in the earbuds. Historia was the head cheerleader, you two didn't talk much since you often bumped heads with her on a lot of things but other than that you didn't care for her and only tolerated her because of Sasha.

On the other hand, you glanced over at the football team practicing. Since they weren't wearing their jerseys you couldn't really separate them individually, you played your music into your headphones and sat there patiently watching cheer practice start.

One guy did catch your attention though, he had ashy brown hair, and from what you could tell he was tall and built. He wasn't wearing a jersey so you couldn't get a last name but instead with the intervals in her practice you looked over to see if you could spot him practicing.