eye

EREN POV:

She was looking slightly up at me, the soft smile on her face faded and she looked hesitant to say something to me.

"I need to know something and I want you to be honest with me."

"Yes?"

"Why isn't your mom talking to you anymore...is it because of your dad?" She questioned, I knew she'd have more questions to ask and I wasn't surprised that this was her first one.

I hadn't told anyone why my mother stopped talking to me, not even Connie, all he knew was that she was refusing to speak with me.

"Yes, that's why. I asked her a couple of years ago if I was just like him...now she thinks I am just like him." I confirmed, her eyes flicked for a moment, a little shocked that any of that was said between my mother and I.

"Oh..." she shifts the eye contact from me to the ground, standing in front of me and looking down at the ground a little lost on what else she could say to me.

"It's okay. She was already barely talking to me by the second time I was arrested...It's been months so don't worry about it." I tried assuring her, I couldn't say that I didn't miss my mom because I did, I had disappointed two people I'd never imagined of hurting in ways that I did.

"The second time...? I thought it was just once...what did you do?" She asked, I was looking at her slightly disoriented facial expression, she was taken aback as soon as "second" had left my lips.

I've been doing these things since I was a child, committing crimes a child shouldn't be responsible for or taught to do just because I could. I've been a part of this lifestyle for over a decade yet I was unable to communicate to her what exactly I had done.

I couldn't even open my mouth to form words, the look on her face was a look of disappointment, I hated to disappoint her especially and how she was looking at me right now felt like even more than disappointment. She was staring through me, waiting for the truth the leave my lips but nothing was.

"Eren?" She calls out, trying to get me to say something but I couldn't, I glanced the other way afraid that the truth would change how she looked at me.

Y/N POV:

"Where do you want me to put the flowers?" He asks suddenly, he tried changing the subject and looking around the room for something to leave the flowers in.

"That's not what I—"

"I'll put them in here," he walks off to a random vase on top of the dresser in the room and places them inside of it.

"If you really want to make it up to me we need to be able to talk about these thi—"

"I'll see you later." He walks through the door, shutting your bedroom door closed behind him in an instant, before you could even finish your sentence.

You weren't getting the feeling that what he did was what he didn't want to talk about, Connie had no problem telling you about the first time he got arrested yet you heard absolutely nothing when it came to the second time. You assumed that it was a dark time for him obviously but you two had a lot of trust in each other so the fact that he didn't even want to tell you out of all people was really concerning to you.

There were things you would never understand when it came to Eren, things that to him were better off left unsaid.

EREN POV:

——

"Why didn't you tell her?" I asked forwardly as soon as I caught Connie exiting the building.