falling

"Don't mind me! This is just...surprising to say the least." She scoffs and continues walking toward Jean further down the sidelines.

"You're so fucking—"

"What time do I need to be there tomorrow?" He ,
cuts you off, focusing the attention back on each other and ignoring Historia's remarks and presence completely.

"It starts at eight." You informed and he nodded.

"Got it."

"I'll see you tomorrow," you smiled softly before turning around and walking back over to head up the steps.

—-

It was the next day, you spent all your time going over the things you'd say to people in the exhibit and did your best to memorize dates and artist names. You weren't only going to be showing off your photography but you were also going to be directing people and giving information on the photos or art pieces when they asked.

You paced all around your room with a deck of notecards, practicing the things to say and responses to questions. You were even more nervous about Eren being there, you practiced all day long.

You were in the kitchen making yourself a bowl of cereal and still going over the notecards. You were determined to make no mistakes when it came to what you were going to say.

EREN POV:

"Why do you look like that?"

"That's a little rude to ask someone, isn't it?" I replied back to my mom, she rolled her eyes and sat down on the couch next to me.

"You look different...what are you doing today?"

"I'm going to a museum in an hour, that's it." I answered, she nodded her head and turned his head to look back at the show that was playing on the tv. The conversation fizzled out and we were just sitting and watching tv, I couldn't help but feel like there was something she wasn't saying but I didn't mention it.

She kept side-eyeing me with a smirk on her face while I watched the show with her, leading me to believe that I did something.

"Tell y/n I said hello." She hops off the couch and hurries out of the living room with a smile on her face, I don't even know how she came to the conclusion that y/n was the one I was seeing.

"I never said I was seeing her!"

She peaks her head back into the living room, and I turned my head around to look at her.

"You didn't have to. It's obvious." She gushes, I gave her a funny look and she just kept smiling before she went on her way again and I checked the time on my phone.

After waiting until my mom was all the way back in her room upstairs, I left the living room to go shower and change. I didn't want to be even a minute late, by the time I was finished showering and getting dressed it was six PM. The drive was basically two hours away, she sent me the address last night.

I was walking down the steps and to my surprise, my mother was standing at the front door with a smile on her face and something behind her back.

"What are you hiding?" I asked and made my way down to the last step.

"Why are you dressed so formally if you aren't going to see anyone you should be dressed up around?" She rebuttals, I chuckled softly when I got to the final step and walked over to grab my keys and slide them into my pocket.

When I got closer to the front door she revealed what was behind her back.

"Bring these for her." She revealed a bouquet of bright orange and yellow chrysanthemums, her smile was big and it didn't take a genius to understand how happy she was.