When, I slightly pull away from Nik, Marcel breaks the silence. "Listen, Kelsey, we are going to bring her back."

   "We can do that?" I ask hoarsely. 

   "If we consecrate her, she'll be on the Ancestral plane." Marcel explains. 

   "But the Ancestors did this." I counter, glancing at Kol. "They'll hurt her."

   "Which is why we need to move fast." Marcel says. 

   "Are you okay?" Nik mutters to me. 

  "No, but I probably won't be for a while." I tell him as he glances at his brother, who looks devastated. "Go." I nudge him and he looks at me raising his eyebrows silently asking if I'm sure, so I nod reassuringly.

  "Come on, Kol." Nik says walking passed him. "Let's get you cleaned up.

   When they're gone Marcel looks at Elijah. "Thank you." He says, but he obviously didn't mean it because before I walked in it sounded like Elijah was denying them the help. Elijah looks down. Frustration at Elijah rises in me, but I keep my mouth shut.

____________________

   We fill in Freya on what's happening, and she gets to work coming up with a way to protect Davina from the Ancestors. 

   "I'll draw Davina's spirit to a circle." Freya explains to Nik, Kol, Elijah, and me. "As long as she's there, the Ancestors won't be able to torment her. With luck, that will buy you some time to find a way to resurrect her. But I'll need to channel an Original if I'm going to sustain the spell."

   "Take me. Put me down, for all I care, if it keeps her safe." Kol immediately volunteers.  

   "No, you've been marred by the Ancestors' magic." Freya denies. "So, Klaus, Elijah, rock, paper, scissors."

   Elijah steps forward and suddenly all the candle in front of Freya light on their own. "That can't be good." Elijah says.

   "My early warning system." Freya states staring at the flames. "I think a New Orleans witch is trying to meddle with one of you."

   "If Lucien has the new Regent at his beck and call, it's me he's coming after." Nik says, but as soon as the words leave him, Rebekah's painting catches fire. 

   "No." Freya breaths out. "He's going after Rebekah." 

   Freya magically puts out the fire that was attacking Rebekah's portrait. "Lucien thought that killing Cami would have me charging into his lair on a suicide mission. When it didn't, he set his sights on Rebekah." Nik says. "He's kicking the hornets' nests until we have no choice but to confront him."

   "Presumably, he still believes she's at the bottom of the ocean." Elijah states. 

   "I cloaked all of you, but with the Ancestors working for Lucien, it may take a while, but if he wants to find Rebekah, he will." Freya tells us. 

   "I'll go get her." Nik responds immediately. 

   "It's not safe out there--" Freya counters.

   "What, then?" Nik cuts her off. "Are we to sit here and play cards until Lucien slides Rebekah's bitten corpse down the hall?" 

   "Let me go." Elijah states. 

   Nik grabs his arm stopping him. "I moved her." And Elijah raises his eyebrows. "Don't look so surprised. I never did like you two sharing secrets."

   "Tell me where she is." Elijah says. "Unless you expect me to stay here and leave our sister entirely defenseless?"

   "I expect you to prevent Kol and Kelsey from suffering from another loss." Nik exclaims. "Lucien deserves our collective ire. Today, all grievances are tabled."