"For the autumn collection?" I questioned jokingly.

"I scrapped that one- too basic," Miss Roselyn murmured before she glanced up at me. ".. but you have a good memory, sweetheart."

"Miss Roselyn, I do listen to you." I told her.

"I know you do, hun," She motioned for me to come closer. ".. you listen too much."

I raised a brow as I stood in front of her, while she continued to sketch- not giving me the luxury of another glance.

"And that is?" I asked.

Miss Roselyn scoffed, bring the cigarette back to her lips, "It's a watch," She continued to scribble. "a very, very special watch- like the face of my newest collection special."

"So you actually sketch it old-school, Miss Roselyn?" I mumbled.

"I grew up old-school, Pierce.. I'm used to doin' it this way," Miss Roselyn turned her head the other direction, letting the smoke leave her lips away from my face. "I prefer it this way too. Now I read paperwork, documents, 'nd articles online all the time- I'd rather do the thing I enjoy the most just like I used too."

Miss Roselyn faced me again and chewed on her bottom lip before putting out her cigarette- it definitely wasn't almost burnt out either.
She squinted, tugging slightly on my ID so that she could examine my photo.

"Well that doesn't help me.. but hey, sweetheart, look at me." She muttered and her brown, doe eyes stared right up at me.

I rested my hand close her body while she sat on her desk and I leaned down at bit (to let her get a closer look at whatever she wanted to look at). And I stared back, gulping just the slightest as her glossy, maroon lips parted just a bit.

"Gold 'nd green or silver 'nd green?" Miss Roselyn blurted out at random.

"What kind of green, Miss Roselyn?" I joked.

She tilted her head to the side with that pouty smile, "Your green."

I clicked my tongue and somehow managed to keep my eyes locked on hers. But at the same time Miss Roselyn was like a magnent- it was hard to look away.

"Both," I replied. ".. it really depends on what your going for, right Miss Roselyn?"

Miss Roselyn stiffled a laugh, "Mmm that's true- I bet you were a wanna-be gangster back in your lil dilquent days.. runnin' around Manhatten wearin' a gold chain."

"Hah.. at this point, Miss Roselyn, you know a lot about me,"

Maybe I was prying.

Too desperate for information.

"..maybe, I should learn more about you..?"

She raised a brow, "I'm your boss, hun.. I'm supposed to know about you."

Yeah.. too desperate.

"Let's see," She jotted down little notes next to different parts of her sketch of the watch. ".. if you teach me how to parallel park I'll grant that wish, sweetheart." Miss Roselyn teased, her voice quiet but not a whisper.

I chewed on the inside of my cheek and stood up straight again while Miss Roselyn continued to write.

As tempting as that was, I already had what I want from her decided. And getting to know more about her would slowly come to light- everybody slips up.. and as crazy as it sounded, even Miss Roselyn.

"Miss Roselyn, I already know what I want.."

Miss Roselyn paused, her entire head looking up to meet my gaze.