Chapter 2

“So, you’re immortal?” I stared at Richie and nodded slowly.

    “I am sorry, Richie, you weren’t supposed to see any of this. You weren’t supposed to know about us. I am sorry, this probably doesn’t sound real right now, but it is and it will make more sense as time goes on if you choose to-” I felt Duncan and stood up.

    “Immortal?” Richie asked, seeing my face change and I nodded.

    “Yeah, but it is fine, he is harmless to you and me.” I heard the door open and in walked Duncan. He looked at Richie and up at me.

    “You told him?” He asked and leaned on the wall.

    “I had to, Duncan, he had the right to know.” He nodded and put his hand on Richie’s shoulder. Richie looked at him and stood up.

    “I broke into your store, why are you 2 not trying to get me arrested?”

    “Because we don’t care about that right now, Richie, we care about other things,” Duncan said and walked over to me and pulled me aside.

    “I am sorry, Duncan, I couldn’t let him be in the dark for it all, he saw me come back to life and he saw Connor fall over the railing and you and-” he hugged me and I sighed, calming down.

    “It is fine, I agree that it was good for him to know. I want him to live with me and Tessa for now, though.” I looked up at him and nodded and we walked back over to Richie and he looked at us funny.

    “You are going to go live with Duncan at the antique shop. It is safer for you there than it is here, I have a lot more immortals after my Ass,” I said and walked over to the bar and poured a cup of my oldest wine. I felt a hand on my back and looked to see Richie.

    “Thanks for giving me a home.” I nodded and put my hand on his arm. I really liked Richie and I knew he had the potential to be a really great immortal. I watched them leave and saw Gavin come down the stairs. He looked to the door and Duncan waved and left. I looked back at Gavin and sighed as I watched Richie get into the car.

    “How does this make you feel, Maria?”

    “I am glad Richie is going with Duncan, but at the same time, I hate it. I like Richie, he would be a great person for me to have around here, but then again, this is a club and this is no place for a kid like him. I will just have to visit the antique shop more.” He smiled and sat next to me and put his hand on my back. I kissed him and headed to the back where I began to practice new fighting moves with my sword. I felt an immortal and saw Gavin pull out his sword. I ran inside to see a young woman.

    “I have come to fight Maria Enache, not you.” He looked over to me and so did she. I nodded and we began to fight. I of course beat her and pinned her to the ground.

    “Who are you?”

    “Dahlia Pearson.” I didn’t know the name and I stood up, sparring her life. She got angry and we began again, me winning again.

    “Why do you want to kill me so bad?”

    “You slept with my boyfriend.” I laughed a little and stabbed the sword right into the floor next to her head.

    “Who is this lover of yours?”

    “Jackson- Jackson Lake.” I sighed and rolled my eyes. I pulled the sword out of the ground and stared at her.

    “Jackson and I haven't been together in over 200 years, Dahlia. You need to know when to let go of a grudge. Listen, if it makes you feel any better it wasn’t worth the 2 hours with him,” I said and she swung at me, missing. She fell to the ground and I looked up at Gavin who stared at the woman and then looked at me.