• Chapter Twenty-six •

Start from the beginning

A while later, I find myself in our room. I look at myself in mirror as I'm changing my clothes. My fingers moves on their own and I touch my lips. For someone like Jungkook, he surely kissed me with all the tenderness he had in him. I shake the thought away and get inside my pj's. I'm blankly sitting on the bed while doing nothing but then a thought pops up and I grab my diary before scribbling inside. I pause when the kiss appears in front my eyes. I shake my head and thought of him away. I scroll through my phone, I talk with Jen and greet her and Ken. They both are happily married and it gives my heart a warmest hug. I hang up saying that I feel tired but I'm still scrolling through my phone. I check the time which shows, 2:43 am. Jungkook hasn't come yet and I feel like that kiss is the reason behind it. I sigh and try to throw the thought of the kiss somewhere deep behind my brain.

What is he thinking?

Does he feel uncomfortable now?

I give up and tuck myself inside the blanket trying to sleep but I can't. Suddenly the door creaked. I feel him before I even see him and I hate that because these feelings aren't suppose to be mine. I pretend to be asleep while he goes inside the bathroom. Runs a shower which lasts for an hour. Yup,I counted the time. He walks outside the bathroom and instead of sleeping beside me I find Jungkook walk inside the balcony. I stare at him from the darkness. The water droplets are still dropping down from his hairs and he is glowing under the moonlight even with his plain white t-shirt and black sweatpants.

Is he having struggle to sleep?

I wonder but I don't move. I can't. A part wants me to approach but another says to just let it be. He seems deep inside his thoughts anyway and I don't care what he is thinking. The night goes by Jungkook moving around the room and when the morning walks in, I find myself alone. Taking a quick shower I change my clothes and walk downstairs to see Hoseok on a dinning table, Namjoon playing with Saehyun, Seokjin talking with... Jungkook in a living room. I walk inside the kitchen and fetch myself a glass of water. Nina and Irene are there gushing over something when I walk towards them. "Good morning." I mumbled. "Good morning, y/n! Did you sleep well?" Irene asks as I give her a nod. "Your eyes says otherwise tho." Nina muttered while I attempted a smile. I couldn't sleep last night and fortunately I wasn't the only one who wasn't asleep. My eyes finds Jungkook and he finds mine and I look away immediately. "Where's everyone else?" I muttered. "Those sleepy heads are sleeping. Might wake up during lunch time." Irene replied as I hummed. "Y/n, wanna go on a walk?" Nina asked. "Why don't you go with hoseok?" I questioned as she let out a sigh. "He is tired after last night's party. I really want to take a walk near the sea so wanna join?" She questioned with hope in her eyes as I let out a sigh. "Fine. Let's go!"

Taking a walk near the sea in Jeju is something I didn't know I needed on a new year. The wind is slow and the weather is chilly. There are children playing around and they look so happy that I can't hide my smile. "Ahh this feels so good." Nina muttered as l took a glance at her. She looks so beautiful with just a white shirt and black shorts. "Yeah indeed it feels good." I sighed while looking at the sea. We both walk and talk with each other as she tells me the story of how she and Hoseok fell in love. They met when she was still a student and apparently it's like a classic movie when he saved her from few guys who were bothering her. She tells me that her parents are always against her boyfriend but she believes they won't go against her happiness. That makes me remember Jen and her story but something is different in Nina's eyes, she is sure her parents won't give up on her love.

The hairs on the back of my neck rise as I tilt my head to the sideways. Why did I feel like someone has been watching us? I look but find no one. Something doesn't settles in my chest and I feel anxious. There are eyes on us and that makes me uncomfortable. "Should we go back? It's.. getting late.." I mumbled as Nina nodded while closing her sketch book. The nature is her muse to design fashion and hence she was busy sketching. "Sure. Let's go." She muttered as I nodded. By the time we reach the villa, it was nearly evening. The sky was darker shade of orange and yellow. Hoseok pulled Nina in a warm hug after being separated from her. I smiled at them and then my eyes landed on Jungkook who was staring at me already. I sighed and looked away. I don't know why I'm trying so hard to ignore him but that's what's I'm doing I guess?