Chapter 51

The cold wind was blowing on his face, but he didn't notice it. Brother Yu opened his dark eyes wide. The ground in front of him was covered with a layer of dark gray, and the soil under his feet was mixed with dead branches and gravel. He squatted down, frozen His stiff fingers picked up a stone, and the black mud quietly hid in his nails.

The fundus of his eyes was red, and the wet stickiness of the cold wind made him feel the hotness in his eyes even more. These days, their family lives very peacefully, their parents are fine, and the eldest brother and sister-in-law don't quarrel anymore. People are harmonious and beautiful, he thought that this kind of life would last forever.

When he grows up, he will marry like Brother Yan, maybe a simple and honest young man from the village, or a scholar who can read and read like Brother Yan, or...he doesn't need to marry, Shuanger Do you have to get married? Brother Yu heard from Brother Yan that he knew a Shuanger named Brother Qiu in the county. To support myself and grandma...

He is about to be sold to be a child bride-in-law for someone else's family, just for forty taels of silver. Being sent into the pockets of grandma and third uncle, Brother Yan was really not reconciled. Although he was young, he knew good and bad.

Brother Yu doesn't believe that Ji Xuan can be admitted to be the number one scholar and become a high official. He just knows a few words. Can write, Ji Xuan's cousin is nothing special at all, my brother-in-law can still pass the exam as a scholar, my cousin can't even pass the exam as a scholar.

He also overheard his elder brother saying in private that the reason why he and Ji Xuan went to study and read was just to be lazy and not do farm work, and the two of them didn't care about homework at all.

I don't want to be a child bride, Brother Yu clenched his fists, as if he had made up his mind.

Seedlings a few inches long grew out of the seeds that had been sown, and green spots appeared here and there in the patchy field that had been vacant for a long time. It would take a few days for spring plowing and transplanting. Lin Lixuan stood on his own hill, planting Bowed against the wind and independent, looking at the young crops in his new land, it seems that he is a king of the mountain, he is doing a military parade, and the dead branches of the green trees are the little ones in his hills.

After a few days of hard work by the villagers, half of the open space has been cleared on the barren mountain. The dead wood and dead branches are piled up at the foot of the mountain. Their family has no shortage of firewood for a year-this is still left over from the chicken coop. The labor force was free, and Lin Lixuan asked someone to help build a few wooden houses while cutting trees. They were built with freshly cut wood. The craftsmanship of the villagers was average. The wooden houses built had no ornamental value. The only advantage was that they were wide and large. , enough to feed livestock.

Lin Lixuan had long planned to raise chickens in an orchard! ! !

——Although there is no fruit yet, there will be steamed buns and steamed buns.

Through Zhang Huoda's relationship, Lin Lixuan found the old man Xu who can manage the orchard. The old man Xu was very curious about the way he raised chickens in the orchard. He was shocked that he, a scholar, dared to buy mountain fruit trees, and he was not afraid of losing his pants. , Old Uncle Xu has already agreed to help plant fruit trees for a year. Before coming here, he has made three agreements with Lin Lixuan, and he can plant whatever he asks. If the fruit trees do not grow well after planting for a year, he will not come back next year.

Old Uncle Xu held a wooden stick and followed Lin Lixuan to look at the mountains, "This one is fine, it can be planted,...there is not good, the soil quality is too poor, and the seeds will not survive after transplanting..."

Lin Lixuan nodded and noted that the place where fruit trees cannot be planted He can still grow peanuts, and use resources rationally! Peanuts have a special root system, which can fertilize the land. It is said that the place where peanuts have been planted is already very fertile without fertilization. The peanut seeds were given by the person from Boss Su when the recipe was sold last time. There are no fruit trees in the mountainous areas. Plant some beans, Peanuts and sweet potatoes are also excellent.

"My family has several fruit trees that have been planted for two or three years that can be transplanted here."

"Thank you, Mr. Xu, I will buy them at the price."

"No need, just treat it as a gift from me to your new owner."

Coming down from the mountain, Lin Lixuan was in a good mood, and went home humming a little song. good mood.

Before stepping into the gate of the yard, he saw brother Yu at the door, he smiled, if it wasn't for his good eyesight, how could he have found this little lump squatting there, like a cloth cage: "brother Yu, Why are you here?"

"I, I... I'm here to find my brother." Brother Yu's lips were stiff from the cold.

"Your brother and my mother went to the county town together." Lin Lixuan had a smile on his lips. Now that life at home is getting better, Zhao Liniang plans to raise more livestock and buy some cows and ducks. After the lesson of buying a donkey last time, She has prevented his prodigal son from taking over this matter.

Cattle can be bought and sold, but they cannot be killed wantonly. Killing healthy cattle is against the law. Therefore, the government controls cattle.

"Oh..." Brother Yu lowered his head halfway, as if he was about to sink into the dust.

Lin Lixuan looked down at his expression carefully, and saw that something was wrong with his expression, and the smile on his face stopped, "What happened?" Brother Yu used to come to his house to play from time to time, except for the first time, he had never been so... ...tweaking?

"Brother..." Brother Yu yelled softly, clenching his fists tightly.

"I don't want to be a child bride for a fool," he stammered, but there was an inexplicable courage in his heart to support him to continue, "Grandma has already sold me to the Jiang family, and the deed of sale is ready,...I...I don't want to What are you doing as a child bride, brother-in-law, can you lend me forty taels of silver."

"I will work hard to make money and return it to you. Although I am a twin, I can do needlework and help raise pigs... I, I , I can also read and write, I can raise chickens..." What he said was confusing, but Lin Lixuan probably understood what he meant.

A wave of anger rose in his heart. Did the Ji family become addicted to selling their twins? Marrying their elder brother to a fool has gained benefits, and now his younger brother wants to follow in his footsteps? Lin Lixuan loves his former brother Yan as much as he is angry Son, he was so helpless and forced to marry out back then...

"Hey, don't be afraid, we will discuss it together when your brother comes back, and we will never let you be someone else's child bride." Lin Lixuan wiped his tears for him, letting He enters the house.

"Come in first, don't cry, and describe this incident to my

brother-in-law in detail." "Yes." Brother Yu rubbed the corners of his eyes.

Zhao Liniang and Yan Geer came back with a cow that was half the height of a person, a basket of ducklings and three little milk dogs. Greeted inside: "Brother Lin, come out and have a look, we are back from buying cattle."

Lin Lixuan led Brother Yu out, and Brother Yan was surprised: "Brother Yu, why are you here, why are you still here so late? "

"Brother." Brother Yu threw himself into his arms.

"What's the matter?"

"We'll talk about it together after Mommy is done."

Zhao Liniang patted the table, "It's too much, brother Yu is so young, he is willing to sell him to someone else as a child bride."

Zhao Liniang Although she was angry, it was more of a panic. If others don't remember, she still remembers that the nephew of the county magistrate of Linshui County was the chief culprit who caused his son to be stupid for three years. Their Lin family is living a good life now. People are involved! ! !

"Dad and mother agreed?"

"...Dad and mother...mother didn't agree, but grandma agreed... and the other party's money was also taken."

"..." Brother Yan hugged Brother Yu in his arms. At this moment, he didn't know what to say to comfort his younger brother, not to let Brother Yu go, but what about the forty taels of silver? How can there be a possibility of going back?

At night, Brother Yu temporarily slept with Zhao Liniang, and Lin Lixuan hugged Brother Yan on the bed, kissing the brows of the man in his arms, "Brother Yan, back then... when you were forced to marry me, did you also look like Brother Yu?" I'm just as unwilling..."

"I don't know what I was thinking at that time, but I'm not too unwilling." Brother Yan lowered his head and smiled softly, "I grew up in a village and I couldn't read. I don't know what it's like outside. People in the village say that when Shuang'er reaches the age of seventeen or eighteen, she should find her husband's family to marry..."

"Since I was a child, I have never had close contact with a man other than my family. I didn't have any thoughts. For me at that time, marrying anyone was the same. I had a place to live, and I didn't have to be hungry..."

Lin Lixuan sighed in his heart, but said with a smile: "Fortunately, you You are married to me, otherwise no one can support you, a small scumbag."

"I... It doesn't matter if I'm hungry."

"Then I can't bear to let my baby go hungry."

Brother Yan smiled foolishly Smiling, she lowered her eyebrows and said, "If I were to go back to that time now, I would definitely not want to marry anyone casually."

"What?" I ca

n't breathe."

The next day

, Mrs. Ji, the matchmaker Guan Zi, and Liu Li came to look for someone.

Old lady Ji called out from outside the courtyard: "Where's Brother Yu? Is he at your house?"

Lin Lixuan came out, stopped them outside the gate, and blocked their prying eyes with his body, "Grandma, third aunt, welcome to my house as a guest."

Third aunt Liu Li shouted confidently: "Don't say anything else, Lin Lixuan Scholar, please call brother Yu out, he is a child of our Ji family, how can he stay in the married brother's house all the time?"

"I can't see that you think of him as a child of Ji's family." Lin Li Xuan raised his eyelids every time.

Guan Zi scratched his head and patted his long hair hesitantly: "Marriage is originally an agreement between the parents and the matchmaker. It's just that Brother Yu is married off in advance."

Lin Lixuan sneered: "Hmph, it's for sale. Guan Zi shook the paper in his hand: "

Whatever you say, Mrs. Ji has already collected money from the Jiang family. You see, the deed of sale is in my hands. Even if it goes to the government, it is our reason. Tell Brother Yan to follow me!"

Guan Zi smiled smugly, his lips were bloody: "Look clearly, it's a bet."