Chapter 33 Pork

"Aunt Zhao is raising well, I want one to nourish my grandma..." Brother Qiu cleaned the steamer and wiped the flour off the table with a rag.

Zhao Liniang smiled helplessly, and the collapsed wrinkles loomed on her cheeks, "In two days, Brother Yan will bring you an old hen..."

Brother Qiu quickly refused: "No, thank you Aunt Zhao. "

Take it, it's not worth anything." With two snaps, Zhao Liniang stood up and patted her buttocks, rubbed her shoulders, stretched her body, and said in a carefree tone, "You little brother, It would be nice to be a kid, he looks so handsome and strong..."

"Hehe, thank you Aunt Zhao." Brother Qiu's dark face flew into two red clouds, "I have been strong since I was a child. My grandma said that I was nine pounds when I was born. Well."

"Nine catties, wow, that's quite heavy, your mother must have suffered a lot when she gave birth to you."

"Well, my mother thought I was a kid when she saw how fat I was..."

"..."

After chatting with Brother Qiu for a while, Zhao Liniang went to the back to wash her hands, packed up her things and led the little donkey to go home. She tied the cart to the little donkey, put two empty chicken coops on it, and sat in the corner by herself When I left, I happened to see a young scholar entering the Lam Kee restaurant, and his voice sounded like he wanted to buy mooncakes.

"Brother Qiu, I want a basket of mooncakes." The voice was familiar and loud, presumably he often came to the store to buy food.

Brother Qiu quickly packed it for him. The mooncakes on the counter in the store are not for sale but for customers to see. The finished snowy mooncakes are stored in a special wooden box, except for the lid. , there are hidden compartments on all sides and below, storing a lot of ice cubes, and the mooncakes are placed in the squares separated by the wooden shelf in the middle.

The bamboo basket for the mooncakes was specially made by Lin Lixuan. That person was skillful. The bottom of the basket was a peony flower made of bamboo. Some people love this bamboo basket, and they came here specially for this bamboo basket. Buy a basket of mooncakes in the store.

"Fei Bai, why come to our store to buy mooncakes every day during this time..." Brother Qiu handed him the basket full of mooncakes.

The young scholar in white looked at Brother Qiu with a smile, and said in a low and gentle voice, "My mother likes to eat..."

Moon cakes are priced by Lin Lixuan at a high price. This young man comes to buy them every day, presumably from a wealthy family in the county Seeing his young master's attire as a scholar, Zhao Liniang couldn't help but think of her own wicked child who turned into a fly in the latrine and buzzed around her ears every day, making her wish she could slap her to death with a fan Today, he sat in the store for a long time in the cold, and she missed him so much that he couldn't hear the noisy voice.

I said that I will not go to the academy to study or take the imperial examination. I will build a new house at the foot of the mountain next year. The house is transparent from the north to the south. The front door is connected to the back door. Put a grape trellis in front of the door, and open a vegetable field below...

Isn't such a beautiful day? Zhao Liniang sighed in her heart, maybe she was too greedy.

When Xuan'er was stupid before, her wish was very small, but she hoped that her child would be taken care of in a hundred years; now that Xuan'er regained her senses, she was like bubbles tumbling in boiling water, expanding more and more, old man , if you are still alive, you can tell me how to do it...

Lin Lixuan took Brother Yan's hand back, unloaded the bamboo basket, put the firewood he picked up in a ventilated corner, and after drying the water vapor, Only then can it be put into the fire, Brother Yan saw that the movement in the firewood room was quieter than usual, so he went in and took a look, only to find that most of the chickens and ducks inside were gone.

Lin Lixuan brought back the plant that was suspected to be a peanut, and buried the seeds that lacked nutrition and looked extremely flat in the vegetable field in front of the door. It may grow peanuts to eat peanuts.

When they came back, there was a light snowfall in the sky, I don't know if it was snow, the little rice beans rustled on the ground and disappeared after a while.

Zhao Liniang, who was in the house, heard the commotion outside, and came to the yard to call them: "It's been a long time in the mountains with a cold wind, come in and have a bowl of fish soup."

Brother Yan responded.

When Zhao Liniang came back, she bought a fish in the county seat. When she got home, she cleaned up the fish body, fried it in a pot until golden, poured water, put a handful of minced green onion and ginger, poured a little rice wine, and boiled it gently over high heat. , Brother Yan opened the lid, the soup was milky white, the fish was tender, and the sliced ​​tofu and shredded white radish were piled up on both sides.

Because it was winter, the pot was placed directly inside the house, and the burning dry wood was covered with a layer of lime. Lin Lixuan picked up a long bamboo tube pierced through it and blew towards the fire, blowing away the lime, and blowing the air out. There were red glowing sparks, and the burning of the branches made a slight crackling sound.

At first Lin Lixuan didn't know how to use that thing, but instead sucked the dust all over his face. After he got used to it, he couldn't help rushing to do the job, and Zhao Liniang and Yan Geer would dislike him when he was blowing.

Brother Yan handed Lin Lixuan a bowl of fish soup, and poured a bowl himself. Lin Lixuan bowed his head and took a sip of the fish soup. The milky white soup had a little chopped green onion floating in it. Underneath was the white and tender fish meat and just the right texture. Shredded radish, delicate white and tender tofu is extremely smooth, the nose is full of the rich aroma of fish soup, the umami taste lingers on the tip of the tongue, sweet, strong, very fresh and beautiful feeling stimulates the buds, drink a bowl of soup, the whole body from head to toe It's all warm.

Zhao Liniang also came over and sat down by the fire, Brother Yan hurriedly poured a bowl of fish soup to his mother, "Brother Yan, there's no need, mother has already drunk it."

"Mother, did you go to the county seat today?" Brother Yan thought of the missing chickens and ducks in the woodshed.

Zhao Liniang threw firewood into the fire, and the red light of the flames imprinted on her face, "Well, I sold the chickens and ducks raised at home." Speaking of this, Zhao Liniang remembered something that made her angry, "Fortunately, today I When I came back early, a female duck actually hatched her eggs outside, I saw it and hurriedly carried it inside the house, how could those newborn ducklings stand it in such a cold day."

Lin Lixuan happened to have a bowl of fish soup , "Mother, the fish soup you cooked is really delicious."

Zhao Liniang glared at him, and finally exhaled heavily, "It's delicious, so let's have another bowl.

" I can't control it anymore." Zhao Liniang chattered, the tense atmosphere in the room disappeared instantly, Lin Lixuan and Brother Yan exchanged glances, and understood that his mother's attitude had finally softened, "Wait a few days for the matter in the store Don't worry about it, let's get busy and get ready to buy new year's goods..."

Brother Yan spit out the fish bones in his mouth, and suddenly remembered something: "Is the village buying pigs this year?"

"Yes, it is to buy meat." Zhao Liniang also Come to think of it, when the Chinese New Year comes, the village head will organize everyone to buy a pig and slaughter it. The slaughtered pork will be sold to everyone. The price is much cheaper than buying it from the butcher in the city. Almost every household will buy it. So how many catties of meat.

Butcher? Lin Lixuan blinked: "Let's buy more meat."

Zhao Liniang scolded him, "I know you guys love meat. When the village chief comes over tomorrow, he will say that our family needs dozens of catties of meat."

"Buy more meat." Well, anyway, it's cheaper than in the city, and it just happens to be Chinese New Year, I think it's better to buy a hundred catties, otherwise it's not enough to eat, there's nothing I can do, Brother Yan is too good to eat..." Lin Lixuan looked at Yan with narrow eyes brothers.

Brother Yan, who is "too edible", widened his eyes when he heard the words, and hurriedly explained nervously: "I, I, I... I can't eat so much meat, I don't eat meat..."

"You silly boy, what nonsense are you talking about? You still bought hundreds of catties of meat, can you finish eating you, Brother Yan, let's not listen to him, we will eat the meat we bought." Zhao Liniang couldn't help laughing, she Soaked the chopsticks in the soup for a while, and picked a piece of fish for Brother Yan.

Brother Yan was reluctant, so he hesitated

a little and said, "

Give him some." Each household asked how much meat the household wanted to buy, and after the quantity was determined, they went to choose a pig of suitable weight to buy back. The village head is a little old man in his fifties or sixties, wearing a black padded jacket, holding a pot of hot wine, and knocking on doors from door to door. There is no need to make such a trouble, just ask each household to report the quantity Yes, but after all, a whole year has passed, and the village head should also know about the current situation of every household in the village.

The head of Bixi Village, Zhao Xingde, took this opportunity to walk from house to house. Humming an out-of-tune tune, he staggered along the path between the villages. He walked into the courtyard of the Lin family and yelled Come on, "Little sister Zhao, are you there?"

"Scholar Lin!"

Zhao Xingde first saw Brother Yan who was grooming the little donkey outside, "Brother Yan?" Brother Yan

nodded: "Uncle Zhao."

"It's really Brother Yan My son, I can barely recognize him, why did he become so good-looking, like the little brothers in the city..." Zhao Xingde said with a smile.

Brother Yan felt a little embarrassed when he saw him. Many people said that he had become better-looking, but he himself didn't think there was any change. He obviously gained weight. Brother Lin said that he would be raised like a pig. It tastes good only if it is fat and strong...

Zhao Liniang heard his voice from afar, "Old Zhao, come in and have a seat."

Zhao Xingde made a deft turn on his footsteps, took a sip of wine, and sauntered into the house. As soon as he entered the house, there was firewood burning inside, which was very hot and bright. He hurriedly removed the wine gourd from his waist and put it on the fire Let it heat up for a while.

"How much will your family spend this year?"