Chapter 38 Couplets

It's not a life-and-death enmity, and events that happen in the village are not reported to the government, and are usually private under the coordination of the village chief. It was Ji Qian who heard that Zhao Qingqing was going to elope with someone, and it was Ji's grandma who said that she had lost the money.

The Ji family asked the Zhao family to return the original gift money of four taels of silver and the eight taels of silver lost by Grandma Ji, but the Zhao family would not agree to this.

After the Ji family made such a fuss in the village, Zhao Qingqing's reputation was bad, and the Zhao family's reputation was also affected. Others have to carefully consider their marriage. A daughter of the Zhao family who was originally engaged, her husband's There was even the idea of ​​retiring, making the Zhao family look like ants on a hot pot. Their family simply smashed the pot and killed it. There is no evidence to prove that Zhao Qingqing eloped, and no one can prove that Grandma Ji lost eight taels of silver. They will not compensate for a penny.

In the end, under the persuasion of the two village chiefs, the Zhao family agreed to return the gift money of four liang of silver, and the Ji family agreed that Ji Ya and Zhao Qingqing were still husband and wife, and he could marry another wife If Zhao Qingqing is found in the two villages, the people of the two villages will arrest him and hand him over to the Ji family. The Zhao family will not care whether they beat him or scold him.

Ji's second family was most dissatisfied with this treatment, especially Liu Yufeng. She hated Zhao Qingqing who was indiscreet, and also hated that the returned four taels of silver was taken away by Grandma Ji. Marry Ji Ya another daughter-in-law—"It's all because of Zhao Qingqing who killed a thousand swords, he left as soon as he left, and dared to take money from Mrs. Ji! I'm so mad." The

ax split the firewood, Ji Ya was chopping firewood silently, and Liu Yufeng's cursing voice was next to his ears. Thinking of Zhao Qingqing's voice and smile, Ji Ya had been in a daze for a few days like a dream.

When Lin Lixuan and Ji Yan arrived at Ji's house, they were just in time for Mrs. Ji's dinner. Originally, Ji's family ate together, but now Mrs. Ji was lying on the bed thinking hard about the eight liang of silver she had lost. When it comes to eating, Mrs. Ji is not present, and the other three families naturally take care of their own.

Handing over a basket of soup dumplings to Li Yue'e, Brother Yan and Lin Lixuan left without staying for a while. When they left, they saw Ji Ya who was chopping firewood in the yard. He seemed to put all the resentment in his body and wrath on hard wood and knife and axe.

The sky was getting dark quickly, and the waning moon with its horns missing was forced onto the branches by the cold wind. When the wind blows for a few more days, it will be New Year's Eve.

On the 30th day of the twelfth lunar month, New Year's Eve, the three members of the Lin family got up very early that day. There was a light snowfall last night, but when we got up in the morning, there were no white shadows on the ground. Only the inch-long ice that had formed during the night fell under the eaves The ridges, and the ice crystal leaves covering the leaves of the treetops, shine crystal clear in the faint morning light.

New Year's Eve, New Year's Eve, New Year's Eve, the three of them had a simple breakfast, a few steamed buns and a bowl of soy milk, and began to clean each house. Once again, wipe all the furniture with a rag to almost welcome the New Year.

Zhao Liniang went to tidy up her firewood house and chicken coop, and let those little things feel the joy of the festival; Yan Geer was in charge of the kitchen and utility room at home, arranging the dishes and chopsticks, and throwing out the moldy things; Lin Lixuan Then, with rags cut from old clothes in hand, and a basin of clean water at his feet, he wiped all the wooden furniture in the corner of the hall.

At noon, the three of them finished cleaning, ate lunch indiscriminately, and began to prepare other things.

Lin Lixuan dragged a large square table to write couplets in the yard. He folded the red paper in half and cut it according to the size. Brother Yan came to grind the ink for him. They wrote several couplets together, and Brother Yan spread the written couplets on the floor to dry the ink, while Lin Lixuan stood beside the couplets and watched, picking out the ones he thought were bad.

"Is this not good?" Brother Yan held the red paper, and Lin Lixuan asked to take away the couplet in his hand.

Lin Lixuan shook his head and said, "Not good."

It's a pity for Brother Yan, he felt that every word written by Lin Lixuan was good, "What's wrong?

" After a while, he shyly copied the words written by Lin Lixuan on the red paper. After finishing writing, he felt bad and wanted to roll it up and hide it. Unexpectedly, Zhao Liniang happened to pass by and saw what he had written. The couplets were hand-picked: "Written by Brother Yan? It's pretty good. Come on, let's hang it by the kitchen door."

Lin Lixuan covered his mouth and smiled, picked up a few well-written ones, and carried the words like chickens. Brother, said: "Let's go, let's post the couplets..."

I knew I wouldn't write them. What he wrote is far from what Brother Lin wrote. They have been seen by people for years, and if any guests come to their house, Brother Yan will be so ashamed and indignant that he is about to tear it up, but Lin Lixuan pushes him to the door in a daze, stands aside like a supervisor, and encourages him: "Go quickly!" Stick it."

Lin Lixuan looked at the other party's shy and embarrassed look, and laughed inwardly. He stepped on a lot of fine ice cubes, which fell from the leaves of the big tree in front of the house. He couldn't help but look up. Looking at the top of the tree, I took out a complete ice leaf from the leaf, held it in my hand like a real leaf, brothers carved out of a mold, the ice leaf is crystal clear, like a fine art .

Different from the snowy north, Bixi Village is located in the relatively warm south. It is a miracle that they can get a few light snowfalls a year. Even if there is no thick layer of snow, the moisture carried by the strong wind will It was blowing head-on, making people feel as if a layer of ice water had been splashed on it. Brother Yan's nose was flushed, and he dawdled shyly to paste the couplet. To his surprise, Brother Lin didn't laugh at his ugly handwriting. After a gentle smile, he took him to another room.

How could Lin Lixuan really bully Yan Geer, no matter how bad Yan Geer's writing was, it was written by Yan Geer, and he posted it at home, everyone wrote the same, and he didn't compete with others. After the two of them posted the couplet, their hands were covered with red paper Turned red, Lin Lixuan looked at his palms, and wiped Yan Ge'er's face a few times with malicious intentions. Yan Ge'er was usually used to his hands and feet, and at most shrank his neck in embarrassment. When I realized it, I happily put on a cat face, went to the room to find the big red lantern I bought in the county a few days ago, and said that I wanted to hang the lantern at the door.

Under Lin Lixuan's careful raising, Brother Yan's face has grown a lot of flesh, and with those dark red beards, he looks smart and cute, and a little bit playful.

Yan Geer hugged the lantern and smiled, Lin Lixuan looked at Yan Geer's face and smiled, the two of them and He Meimei hung two red lanterns under the eaves, cut out red paper and pasted the word "Fu" on the doors and windows upside down, Zhao Liniang came from the firewood room Come out, inspect the masterpieces of his son and husband while walking, and wait until he sees them in the room, especially Yan Ge'er's face like a cat with rouge indiscriminately, staring at the instigator with disgust, and gently calling Yan Ge To take a bath.

"The hot water is ready. The three of us take turns to wash. Brother Yan, go first, look in the mirror, and see how your little face has been tossed by Xuaner..." Brother Yan didn't know

why, his What's wrong with your face? He subconsciously rubbed his face with his hands, but he forgot that his own hands were still covered with red paint. After one swipe, the color became darker and messier. Zhao Liniang couldn't help laughing, and said, "I'm still smearing it, look at it." Look at my hands, they are all

cats." Brother Yan suddenly realized, "Brother Lin, you are too much!" He became angry and wiped Lin Lixuan's face a few times. Straightforwardly , Zhao Liniang stood by the window and applauded, saying, "Okay, two cats have come to the house."

Lin Lixuan grabbed Brother Yan's wrist and said, "Okay, okay, stop, go quickly!" Take a bath, Yan Geer."

Yan Geer glared at him resentfully, turned around and went to the room to get clothes to take a bath, Zhao Liniang reminded from behind: "You guys go wash your hands first, don't get your clothes dirty."

The two were driven to the well to wash their hands and faces. Fortunately, the well water in winter is warm and does not sting. After rubbing, Brother Yan's little face was flushed red by himself, the corners of his eyes were watery, and the eyeballs shone like glass soaked in water.

Lin Lixuan couldn't resist pulling him into his arms and kissing the bright red lips of the person in his arms. He had wanted to do this a long time ago. The red watercolor on Brother Yan's face was like rouge, exuding a There was a faint charm that made him want to wrap her in his arms and love him. Lin Lixuan had already realized that these days, he was more and more impulsive towards Yan Ge'er...

Yan Ge'er was still angry, He didn't want him to kiss at all. Usually, when two people kissed occasionally, he was always very cooperative, and he would even release his little tongue to chase and fight with each other, but this time he pushed each other away with both hands. Lin Lixuan used great strength, saying Brother Yan couldn't break free, and Brother Yan's struggle gave Lin Lixuan an inexplicable aggression, his movements were rougher than usual, Brother Yan couldn't hold back, and soon lost his troops and disarmed the whole army.

Brother Yan's legs were weak, Lin Lixuan supported his waist with his hands, and groped his hands along the seam of his clothes. When his cold hands touched the warm skin, Brother Yan's whole body trembled, and the two of them separated suddenly. Without seeing Lin Lixuan, he turned around and ran in a panic holding his clothes, as if there was a beast chasing him.

Lin Lixuan squatted down and continued to wash his hands, silently copying the core values ​​of socialism in his heart.