Chapter 9 The Bullock Cart

The nearby county town is a long way from Bixi Village, and you have to go around one or two mountains to get there. It takes more than half an hour to walk there. However, Liu Shu, Uncle Liu's family at the entrance of the village raises buffaloes. He often goes to the county and village People sometimes take his family's ox cart to the county seat. Liu Shu doesn't send people to the county seat for free. Every time he rides his family's ox cart, he has to pay three Wen. Walking by himself with a backpack.

The early morning fog has not yet dissipated, and the surrounding mountains and fields can be vaguely seen in the white mist. Walking into the fog, there is a wave of moisture floating around, making it look a little dull, and the clothes are also stained with moisture and become heavy.

When Lin Lixuan went out, Zhao Liniang gave him five hundred Wen, and asked him to go to the county to buy something he liked. Five hundred Wen is not a small amount. Zhao Liniang is really kind to his son, and there are not many left in their family. He was willing to take out five hundred cash for him to spend in the county.

The copper coins in a string are a bit heavy to hold in the hand, and it is estimated that they can weigh two or three catties.

"You can buy some paper, pens and ink... Remember to go early and come back early." Zhao Liniang took a water ladle to water the vegetable field in front of the house, and when she saw them carrying the baskets on their backs and getting ready to go out, Lin Lixuan nodded. I answered.

"Is it cold?" It's almost autumn, and the sun is shining during the day, but it's unavoidably cold in the morning and evening.

Ji Yan smiled and shook his head: "It's not cold", Yan Ge'er is wearing an old blue dress at this time, the color is slightly whitish, it was changed from Lin Lixuan's previous clothes, Yan Ge'er is much shorter than him, At this time, it was very suitable to wear the clothes of his youth. Although the clothes were a bit old, at least they looked better than his previous patched clothes.

Lin Lixuan moved the basket on his shoulders. Both he and Brother Yan carried a basket of vegetables on their backs. He had never carried such a thing before, so he was a little uncomfortable.

Brother Yan was familiar with the road, and they walked side by side towards the entrance of the village. Before reaching the entrance of the village, they heard the sound of cows mooing loudly. Uncle Liu was sitting on the cart smoking dry cigarettes when he saw them. He waved and said hello to them.

There are not many villagers going to the county town today, just the two of them and another Shuang'er, who is no stranger to him, is the village wicker. After Liu Tiao'er arrived, Uncle Liu put the shaft of the cart on the back of the buffalo, got on the wooden cart and patted the back of the buffalo and set off.

It was the first time for Lin Lixuan to see an adult Shuang'er other than Brother Yan at close range, and now he couldn't help but be speechless when he saw Liu Tiao'er in the same car. This feeling was like seeing a... fake mother? It doesn't mean that Liu Tiao'er's appearance is so feminine. In Lin Lixuan's eyes, Liu Tiao'er's facial features are still masculine, but there is always a sense of artificial womanliness in her every move.

Looking at it makes people get goosebumps...

It's still good brother Yan, with a delicate and beautiful appearance, pure and clear eyes, the whole person is neither sharp nor delicate, clean like a spring flowing in the mountains and forests.

Lin Lixuan saw that some sawdust and vegetable leaves were stained on Ji Yan's clothes, so he stretched out his hand to gently pat him off. He was looking at the branches on the side of the road in a daze, and Brother Yan was startled by his actions. He was startled at first, and then Smiled at him again.

Sensing Lin Lixuan's gaze, Liu Tiao'er's heart skipped a beat, thinking that the other party was interested in him, he lowered his head and pinched the corner of his clothes shyly. When he was about to raise his head to look at Lin Lixuan, but It was found that the man had already stopped looking at him, and only focused on the delicate twins beside him.

In the past, Lin Xiucai was also the favorite object of many women in Bixi Village. Liu Tiao'er also secretly liked him for a while. Later, Lin Xiucai became stupid and he got married, and his thoughts disappeared completely. I heard that Ji Yan Married to an idiot scholar, he had gloated at others' misfortunes, but today when he saw Lin Lixuan's handsome appearance, he felt a little bit inexplicably.

Liu Tiao'er softened her voice, and asked softly, "Lin Xiucai, Brother Yan, are you going to sell vegetables in the county too?"

Brother Yan nodded, "Yes."

Liu Tiao'er began to greet Brother Yan When he got up, he chatted one after another. He wanted to bring the topic to Lin Lixuan many times, but Lin Lixuan didn't answer his words, and he didn't take the initiative to participate in their chat. Ji Yan even asked in a daze. Answer whatever you want, and never reveal a word.

Liu Tiao'er finally asked Lin Lixuan directly: "Is Lin Xiucai going to the academy in the county? I heard people say that the academy has moved..." As he spoke, he gave him a soft look.

"I'm not going to the academy, but I'll accompany Brother Yan to sell vegetables in the county." Lin Lixuan replied indifferently, he felt a little disgusted at the winking eyes that Liu Tiaoer threw over him, and he didn't want to look at this hot-eyed pair again. Doing these soft movements with a man's appearance made him, an outsider, accept incompetence.

"Brother Yan, do you still remember the poem I taught you yesterday?"

"Yes." During this time, Lin Lixuan has been teaching Ji Yan how to read and write. He knows a lot of words, but he still feels inferior. At first he thought he knew a lot, but when Lin Lixuan was sitting at the desk writing a book, Ji Yan was disappointed to find that the lines on the paper were neat and beautiful. Still don't know, at most can only recognize half of a word.

Reading is really not an easy task.

"Recite it for me."

Brother Yan turned his head, recalled it in his mind for a while, and slowly read what he remembered to Lin Lixuan, and Lin Lixuan asked him to recite the hundred surnames and the thousand-character text, It was very difficult for him to stumble back. Ji Yan was already seventeen or eighteen years old, and it was not easy to learn to read and read at this age. Lin Lixuan did not have high demands on him, so he learned slowly and counted as much as he could remember.

"You recited well." Lin Lixuan encouraged Brother Yan without hesitation in his praise, and the dimple on the young man's face couldn't help turning a small circle when he was encouraged.

Liu Tiao'er looked at Ji Yan eagerly. He didn't expect that Lin Xiucai would teach him to read and write. Besides, just now Lin Xiucai said that he was accompanying Ji Yan to sell vegetables... He thought of his vulgar man who would only work hard. The husband, and the mother-in-law, who had always been suspicious of his twin sons' identities, felt sour and resentful, and then thought unwillingly in his heart: If he married Lin Xiucai... it would take him to

walk to the county town and ride a bullock cart The time is about the same, after all, the speed of the ox cart is not fast. Along the way, the dense woods cover the sky and the sun, and the too long branches are pulled from them from time to time. Old man Liu knocked back the poked branches with a stick, and the leaves fell down. to the ground.

Lin Lixuan asked Uncle Liu about the recent situation in the county. Uncle Liu often traveled to and from the villages in the county. He was very familiar with the things Lin Lixuan asked, and he began to eloquently talk about the county a few days ago. The big boat moored at the pier, and then he talked about the quarrel between the customer and the waiter in front of the largest restaurant in the county...

I guess Old Man Liu often chatted with passers-by, and the things he talked about were lively and interesting, and people who listened were delighted Little by little, they arrived in the county.

When the ox cart stopped, Lin Lixuan and the others got out of the cart with their loads. Compared with the deserted Bixi Village, Quanshui County was full of people, and there were also people from other villages who brought fruits, vegetables and livestock to the county town for the market.

They went in with the flow of people. Uncle Liu said that he would not go in with them if he was still here. Ji Yan led Lin Lixuan to the vegetable market on the west side of the county. There were already many people selling stalls there. Fish sellers, pork sellers, clay pot sellers, woodcarving sellers... a mixed bag.

Ji Yan spread a piece of old cloth on the ground, pulled out the things in the back basket and put them on the floor, Lin Lixuan also helped him to put them out, what surprised Lin Lixuan was that the shy young man who was usually taciturn and shy was able to face him now. People passing by shouted loudly, "The radishes just picked from the field are fresh and juicy, let's take a look."

A middle-aged woman with a bamboo basket squatted down, picked up radishes, looked at them, asked for two, paid five cents, and took a shallot as if to take advantage of it.

Brother Yan strung the copper plate he received on a rope. Lin Lixuan saw that Brother Yan was familiar with things, so he told him that he wanted to wander around the county alone. Ji Yan nodded in agreement, and the two agreed to meet later Meet at Caishikou.

Quanshui County is not large in scale, but although the sparrow is small and complete, he has everything he should have. Lin Lixuan walked around the county town, and he visited all kinds of shops one by one. He first walked into the rice store Here, I found that the price of rice here is around 18 Wen to 25 Wen per catty, the better the price, the more expensive it is, and the brown rice only costs 8 Wen per catty. He went to the pork shop again. There was a big pig's head hanging in front of the shop. The butcher with a butcher's knife asked him what kind of meat he wanted. Fat meat was twenty-eight yuan a catty, lean meat was twenty-three yuan, and ribs were twenty-five yuan. , twenty-seven pieces of pork belly.

Lin Lixuan estimated the price in his heart. Although the five hundred Wen in his hand weighed heavily, it couldn't actually buy much.

"Sell candied haws, three pennies a bunch, buy one and try it!!" The uncle selling candied haws shouted loudly along the street, and the children who were led away by their parents were attracted by the bright red candied haws, pestering their parents to give it to them. They buy a bunch.

Lin Lixuan was not interested in candied haws. He walked across a stone bridge, and there was a man selling calligraphy at a stall under the stone bridge. When he saw Lin Lixuan, the poor scholar's eyes lit up, and he called him from afar.

Lin Lixuan turned his head to take a look, and searched for information about this poor scholar in his mind, as if...he was indeed someone the original owner knew.

Huang Yuan didn't expect to see Lin Lixuan who he knew in the academy before, "I haven't seen you for several years, I almost don't recognize you."