Chapter 10 Bookstore

Huang Yuan is a tall, thin, ordinary-looking poor scholar with mediocre knowledge. He is still a boy so far. Now his family cannot afford to go to school and cannot study. He can only set up a small stall under this stone bridge to make ends meet. He sells calligraphy, and he can't sell his broken calligraphy at all. His actual business is to write letters, IOUs and other documents for others. Fortunately, there are not many literate people in the middle and lower classes. You can also make a living from this.

He was in such a state of embarrassment. If he saw a classmate who had a good reputation in the past, he would not dare to say hello, but... Lin Lixuan is too special. He has heard about it in the past two years, and he will only meet Lin Lixuan here today. Surprised, he blurted out and called him to stop...

Besides, he doesn't look like a good guy now. Facing poor scholars like him, Huang Yuan has always had the confidence to communicate with them.

Huang Yuan was very curious, he looked at Lin Lixuan carefully up and down, suspicious of what happened to him in the past few years, but after all, it is not easy to ask about other people's private affairs, so he only inquired about the news: "Brother Lin, where are you going?" "

Lin Lixuan said in a nonchalant manner: "Songyun Bookstore."

"You are going to buy books, right?" Huang Yuan clapped his hands in a sudden realization, and then a question arose in his heart: "But why do you need to go this way to go to the bookstore? Way?" Ordinary scholars like them would go to the bookstore to go to the East Street, how could they detour to this stone bridge, wouldn't it be a waste of time?

Lin Lixuan didn't want to buy books, but he didn't want to explain too much, he pointed to his origin: "I'm from there, I haven't been to the county for a long time, I'm looking around."

"That's it. "Huang Yuan nodded, he shook his head and thought for a while: "But what has changed in the county, it is similar to the previous few years."

Huang Yuan still wants to talk to Lin Lixuan, but who knows—"We can ...Hey, Aunt Yao is here, I promised to help her write a letter to her nephew, let's stop talking, you go buy books." After speaking, he hurried back to his stall, and sure enough there was one wearing a green skirt The women are waiting for him there.

No amount of gossip can block the way of making money.

Songyun Bookstore is the largest bookstore in the county, and it is also well-known in Quanshui County. You can come here to buy any book you need, but if compared with the modern bookstore, it is nothing.

The owner behind the bookstore is said to have a deep background. He used to be an official. After resigning from office, he lived in seclusion in this small county town to run a bookstore business, benefiting a group of students.

Songyun Bookstore not only sells books but also engraves them. It is precisely because of this that Lin Lixuan considered writing novels to make money.

Lin Lixuan took out a few pages of the manuscript that he had brought from his sleeve pocket. The content of the manuscript was carefully selected and revised by him. He chose the most interesting passage and copied it neatly on the white paper. Moreover, he also extremely maliciously stopped the content of the manuscript at the most exciting part of the story, creating suspense and ups and downs in the plot. After reading it, it is guaranteed that someone will not be able to help but want to continue reading.

The bookstore is located at the intersection of East Street, an extremely conspicuous location. When Lin Lixuan raised his head, he could see the red lacquered signboard with the words "Songyun Bookstore". Written by a calligrapher, the shop is not too big, and from a distance, you can see the shelves full of blue books bound with yellow thread. .

Lin Lixuan walked into the bookstore, and he smelled a unique fragrance of ink as soon as he entered the door. He looked around for a while, but there were no other guests in the bookstore at this time except him, only a clerk was sitting on a small stool at the door, feeling dizzy. After sleeping, seeing him, he cheered up a little and got ready to welcome the guests.

The clerk squeezed out a flattering smile: "Guest officer, what books do you want to buy?"

"Are you accepting manuscripts?" Lin Lixuan raised his eyes and asked.

As soon as he heard his words, the guy understood that he was not here to buy books, and the smile on his face immediately disappeared without a trace. I'm a big customer, it's boring, the clerk pointed to a place in the corner indifferently, "Put the manuscript there, the boss will read it when he comes back.

" He doesn't care about things, he only cares about how much money he can earn in a day, and his wages can only increase if he sells one more book. What does the rest have to do with him? If a rich family sent someone over to say that they wanted to print a few family books about discipleship, he would happily receive them. Those like Lin Lixuan who came to make money from manuscripts had nothing to do with him.

After coming out of the bookstore, Lin Lixuan wandered around again, memorized the terrain and route of the county, and when he returned to Xishikou, he saw a handsome young man standing beside two baskets, looking around, waiting for him. The young man waited and waited for Lin Lixuan to come back, he couldn't help feeling more and more flustered, but when he saw Lin Lixuan's Qingjun figure walking towards him, his eyes lit up, and he waved to Lin Lixuan with a long sigh of relief.

After a while, Lin Lixuan walked up to the young man, "I kept you waiting."

Brother Yan was relieved when he saw Lin Lixuan, and he began to regret after selling the vegetables. He should have followed Brother Lin, Lin Lixuan's body Just recovered, Zhao Liniang asked herself to take good care of him, if he lost... Lin Lixuan, how could he explain to Zhao Liniang.

Brother Yan said in a low voice: "Brother Lin, it's good that you come back, I'm still afraid..."

Lin Lixuan smiled at him: "I'm afraid I won't remember the way back?...Don't worry, I'm not stupid anymore ."

"All the dishes are sold out?"

Brother Yan nodded. Except for some that were not good looking, the others that no one really wanted were sold out. The young man lowered his head and handed the string of copper coins in his hand to Lin Lixuan. There are ninety-three coins in total here. It was all the income from selling vegetables just now. He had carefully counted it many times. When Lin Lixuan was waiting, he had nothing to do, so he held the pile of copper coins and used his thumbnail to lift the copper plates like a monk twisting Buddhist beads. a fiddle.

"You don't need to give it to me, you can take it yourself." Lin Lixuan couldn't help smiling knowingly when he saw the young man handing him the copper plate like a treasure, and handed over the oiled paper bag in his hand to the young man.

Ji Yan asked suspiciously: "What is this?" The oil paper was warm, and there was a strong aroma, the glutton in Brother Yan's stomach was instantly aroused, and he swallowed hard.

"It's almost noon, are you hungry? I bought four buns, I eat two, you eat two, I've already eaten mine, so you can eat these two while they're still hot. "In fact, Lin Lixuan only bought three steamed buns, and he ate one. He also knew the boy's big appetite, and thought that two could satisfy the boy. He was afraid that the boy would not dare to eat it, so he had to say that he also ate two.

It's meat buns... "You don't need to spend this money." The boy frowned, feeling a little distressed. One meat bun costs five yuan, and four are twenty yuan. After buying the buns, their money for selling vegetables today has shrunk a lot ...Brother Lin is really not in charge of the family and doesn't know how expensive Chai Mi is, what should we do with such a big spendthrift... Brother

Yan thought a little distressed.

"What are you doing with a bitter face? Eat it quickly. It won't taste good when it's cold." Lin Lixuan pushed the buns over. He hasn't tasted the smell of fresh meat since he came here. The craving for meat is tight, and fresh meat from the pork shop can't be bought, but a few meat buns can still be bought to satisfy the craving.

The owner of the meat buns here is quite honest, with thick skin and lots of meat. The steaming buns overflow with juice and aroma, and Brother Yan almost couldn't resist: "I still don't want to eat, go home and eat brown rice The rice is enough, take the steamed stuffed bun home and feed it to your mother."

What a good and filial boy...

"Don't worry, I bought some pastries for my mother, and the steamed stuffed bun won't taste good when it

's cold." After eating the buns, Lin Lixuan felt anxious and distressed that he was forcing the boy to take poison.

The young man whispered: "In the future... can you stop spending money..." The

sweet and soft bun skin was eaten into his mouth, and the tender and juicy meat filling... But the young man didn't feel the slightest bit, how could this be eating? Baozi... This is eating copper coins!

As soon as he chewed, he could only feel the crisp sound of copper plates between his teeth... The

young man frowned, feeling distressed.

Is this a waste of money? Lin Lixuan was amused by Brother Yan's distressed expression.

"Okay, let's eat quickly. Let's go back after eating."

When they returned to Bixi Village, it was already past noon. Now that he has a general understanding of the current situation, he also has a clear understanding of the prices in this world. Finally, the most important thing for him is that after going to the county this time, Zhao Liniang seems to think that he has fully recovered, and he is finally free. Detain him at home again.

Lin Lixuan is not a person who does not eat the grains of the world. After coming to the Lin family, he has never assumed the attitude of a rich young master in his previous life. Since he has fallen into a snake, he will do what this identity should do in a down-to-earth manner. He can't learn farming for a while. , Physical strength is not supported, but he is still willing to learn how to water, feed the chickens, and hoe the vegetable garden.

Lin Lixuan squatted in front of the vegetable field in front of his house, pulling out the weeds carefully. If he saw insects, he had to grab them out with his hands. Without pesticides, the only advantage is that it is pure natural and pollution-free.

He pulled out a tough weed and threw it aside, but when he looked up, he saw a small, thin figure at the door.