Chapter 50

The middle-aged twin of Lai Ji's family is called Xu Guan. People in the village usually call him Xu's second son or Guan Zi, and the children call him Uncle Guan Zi. As time passes, no one else knows what his original name is. For people to make marriages, matchmaking and bridge to see people, everyone in Bixi Village is looking for him.

A matchmaker also has to be talented. When Xu Guan was a child, he was a mischievous and ugly twin who loved to tease people. His peers in the village didn't like him and called him a "broom star" and "unlucky guy". Take it to heart, when others despise him and hate him, scold him and insult him, he can make do with a smile and a shy face. It can be said that he is a thick-skinned, heartless person.

After the age of twelve or thirteen, Xu Guan, who was ugly when he was young, became more and more beautiful. His plain and ugly face grew beautiful and moving, especially his eyes, which were so bright. Many men in the village fell in love with him. The reputation is getting better and better. The problem of teasing people when I was young has subsided, people are good-looking again, they have a lot of contacts, and they always smile at everyone. When they meet people on the road, no matter whether they know them or not, they are familiar with them. Home, no one would hate such a person too much.

After marrying a family with a good family background in the village, Xu Guanzi did not change his temperament and still treated others warmly. In the third year of marriage, he talked a lot and introduced a dumb guy to Sun Laizi. Only then did Guan Zi realize that there is still such a way to get money, and he can get money just by moving his mouth. Why not do such a good thing? Xu Guanzi helped match several couples, and his reputation as a matchmaker spread.

Up to now, among several nearby villages, he is the most famous one. Some time ago, there was a woman wandering around, saying that she wanted to find a child bride-in-law with the same horoscope for his young master, and she also asked for a twin son. The woman's family is in Shiqiao Village, Zhaoshui County next door. Jiang Yuan Village is the local village tyrant, relying on his kinship with the county magistrate, he is in the fish and meat village, causing harm to one side.

Jiang Yuancun has a ten-year-old son, and this time, he wants to find a wife for him.

He is a village tyrant, with a lot of savings, so he can afford a lot of money to buy a child bride for his son. After Xu Guang learned about this from his mother-in-law, he put his mind to it. If he does this well, he can get five taels of silver. Well, it is worth more than half a year's income, and this sum is really a windfall.

In order to make things happen, Guan Zi's matchmaker even dressed herself up to facilitate the marriage. He took Li Yue'e's hand, opened his bloody mouth, and said in a long tone: "The horoscopes are exactly the same. Is there something wrong with your Brother Yu?" A very lucky person!"

"Sister Li, I really envy you, you have three children, all of them are very good-looking, look at your brother Yan, married to Lin Xiucai, how good he is now, I will I almost couldn't recognize them after seeing each other for a few days. They are so white and blessed, how can people like us come out like that."

"The Lin family bought that piece of mountain, and it is said that they want to plant fruit trees. They invited many people from the village to go to the mountain... I heard Said, wait a few more months to build a house...Your brother Yan is so lucky, who else in the village can compare with him?"

"Now, your brother Yu also wants to follow in his brother's footsteps, Fly on a branch and turn into a phoenix. The Jiang family is rich and can afford dozens of taels of silver as gift money. I have been a matchmaker for so many years, and I have never seen anyone with such a large amount of money. You must grasp it Now , maybe in the future, your brother Yu will live better than his brother."

Li Yue'e's face was not as happy as Xu Guan imagined, she forced a smile, and twitched the corners of her mouth: "My brother Yu I'm only nine years old..." The

matchmaker Guan Zi interrupted her, "Nine years old is not too young... Wait a few more years and still want to talk about marriage? Now it's just a little earlier—besides, Brother Yu didn't get married right away in the past, I have to wait a few years for Young Master Jiang to grow up..."

"This..." Li Yuee frowned, and sent her to her husband's house...to sign a contract of sale, and never have anything to do with her parents again. It can be compared with the normal marriage in the future, and their family is not at the end of the mountain, so why bother to give up the child.

"Let's discuss it with your head." Guan Zi blinked his eyes, and then said, "Where is Mrs. Ji, is she at home?" After speaking, he started to walk into the back room, calling out, "Grandma Ji! Old lady!"

Guan Zi doesn't care about Li Yue'e's attitude of being a mother, he is a fine person, Guan Zi knows that in Ji's house, Li Yue'e can't make the decision, as long as he talks to old lady Ji, good things will happen.

...

When Boss Ji came back, Li Yuee hurriedly stopped him in a corner. Ji Youcai rubbed his hands, and seeing his wife collapsed that day, he asked, "What's the matter?"

Li Yuee had a stone stuck in his throat: "...you You must persuade your mother, you must not agree to this matter, that young master of the Jiang family, his brain was burned out by the wind and cold at the age of seven, he is a fool, why is my Brother Yu so miserable!" If

she had known this, she should have swept it away Get rid of Guanzi, how can there be such a sinner!

"This... How is this possible? Mother agreed?" What would other people say about giving the baby to a fool as a child bride-in-law? Before marrying brother Yan to the Lin family, it was all helpless, but the Lin family was in the village anyway, Zhao Liniang It's not a vicious one, and a village can take care of it, so Yan Ge'er...

It's not that in a famine year, their family can raise Yu Geer, but they can't do the thing of selling children and daughters. Although the family in the next county is rich, he knows that the rich villagers are the most stingy, and brother Yu of his family sold it for money, so he must not get anything better, and there is nothing he can do about beating and scolding them wantonly...

" Go and persuade your mother!" Mrs.

Ji sat on a chair, slightly raised her eyelids to look at her eldest son, "You are Brother Yu's real father and I am also Brother Yu's real grandma, don't I love him? It's his luck that Jiang's family has his eyes on him. I heard from Guan Zi that their family eats meat every day and wears silk and satin. Brother Yu used to eat sweets and spicy food instead of suffering. Such a good thing Looking for him, your father who 'loves him' is still stopping you?"

"But..." Ji Youcai, who was standing aside, raised his head, and Mrs. Ji glared at him: "But what, you fool, look at your Brother Yu, what are you wearing and what are you eating now? , slender arms and legs, and wearing that ragged cotton padded jacket, it looks like she has suffered from a famine for several years..."

Mrs. Ji's little calculation in her heart is very good, yes, marrying the two twins in the family to a fool is indeed famous Not good, but she will go to the county with the third child, and the gossip and gossip in the village will not affect her, and it will disappear in two or three years. Besides, they are sending Brother Yu to enjoy his blessings, not to harm him.

The forty taels of silver just solved her urgent need. It was really her good grandson. It was the first time that Mrs. Ji liked Shuang'er.

Ji Youcai thought of his brother Yu, who was as thin as bean sprouts, his small arms and legs were not as thick as the firewood he burned, and on his skinny face, there were only a pair of big black eyes, which were almost It occupies half of the face, and it is a little scary to see in the dim light. Thinking of this, Ji Youcai couldn't help but lower his head.

Seeing his expression, Mrs. Ji couldn't help showing a kind smile. It was rare for her to speak warmly to the elder son who was not liked by her: "You are rich, our family is completely blessed this New Year, not only Brother Yu Hello son, your son-in-law nephew is about to be selected. He is chosen by the teacher of the county academy and wants to make him his son-in-law. Tell me, tell me what it means. This shows... My nephew has the good fortune to become the county magistrate, otherwise people will take a fancy to us? I just want to tie up my grandson before he develops!"

Mrs. Ji said happily, as if she really saw Ji Xuan as a On the day when he became an official, "Then why the Jiang family is so tyrannical in the village, and why they can spend dozens of taels of silver to marry a wife, is it because he has a relationship with the official in the county! - Wait for the day when my family chooses to be an official , can't our Ji family all enjoy the blessings?...So, the forty taels of silver..."

"...Our Brother Yu is worth it!"

Jiang Rufei, the county magistrate of Zhaoshui County next door, is really not a good guy. As soon as he became the county magistrate, he was "a man who attains enlightenment and ascends to heaven". Like the gourds on the tree, they all have support, and the gourd vines grow bigger and bigger.

The people around were all jealous, and Jiang Rufei played an excellent role in leading the way. The scholars in the villages of Zhaoshui County were the most diligent in their studies, and everyone in the family hoped that there would be another Jiang Rufei-like character.

"My dad, I'm so stupid to grow the land, my head is full of mud!" Ji Qian threw the bowl on the table angrily. He heard about Brother Yu's good deeds and sent his younger brother to the fool to be his child bride. The family can figure it out. Although he used to spend a lot of time, he still has feelings for his younger brother. Brother Yu is so young...

Song Qiaoer can't understand this, "Why do you think our father agreed to grandma?"

" Heh." Ji Qian sneered, "I still don't know about my father? As long as grandma says a few words to him in a pleasant manner, he will rush to rush forward, get a few compliments, and all the "selling money" will run into The pockets of the third family, in my opinion, we should separate as soon as possible, but the third uncle has been attached to it for more than ten years, and if we don't separate, will the grandson continue if the son is attached?"

After Song Qiaoer became pregnant, Ji Qian was rejected by the women in the village In addition, Boss Ji and his wife are strict in management, so he will take care of himself and live a good life. Most of the housework is not shirked. Although he lives in poverty, his life is also beautiful. I didn't expect him to stop, and this kind of thing happened at home again. The anger before the season. He hated Ji Youcai for being harsh on his family, kneeling and licking grandma and Ji's family like a slave.

Not far away, a small figure sewed the door shut, and Brother Yu, who was wearing a worn-out padded jacket, turned and ran out.