Mini heart attack

Dinner went well after battling hard to avoid Jasmine's dark glares, until when Justin decides to give me a lift since it's already late.

The last time I've been in a mansion like Justin's, was Liam's place in L.A.

But Justin's place turns out to be the real heaven on earth. With so many bodyguards and employees in the massive mansion.

I know I missed Mia's delicacy and her invites to her place for dinner.

What a big disappointment.

I'll make it up to her in the morning. I promise. Since she loves gist, I'll shower her with stories of how my day went today.

She even gave me several missed calls and text messages.

I didn't bother reading them. I know what it says.

Though the girls whispered to me to stay the night at their place but I begged them.

This time, I'm the one begging them so I can leave and I succeeded.

I promised to come visit them often since I've known where they lived.

Deep down in me, I know jasmine is not happy about that. I believe by now, she's plotting something to wipe me outta the picture.

Do I look like I care?

No I don't.

These are the three people I've missed for fifteen years. Including them to Bernard, we're like a new family.

Only in my head I'm assuming that. But I pray it turns out easily in reality when the real truth comes running out.

We are here. Right outside my apartment.

It's pretty much dark right now at just 6:58pm.

I stare at the dark out view of my house through the car's window.

We are having a blackout. Good thing it doesn't stay for long before we regain electricity again.

The electric poles are faulty, in the neighborhoods we've talked about it since a week now, and they're working on it.

"So, this is your place?"

Justin asked me as he takes his arm off the steering wheel and now placing it on the already half opened window whilst he relaxes his back on the seat.

He's still not too sure about my place with the look on his face.

I know. My place seem horrible and a bit of the umm... haunted night stuff.

I shook my head, slowly.

Even me, I don't want to believe that I've been living in this lowclass environment for years.

"Why are the...houses in this neighborhood outta lights?" He asked without hesitation.

Oh meh,

How do I put this now?

I'll be stupid and feeling too timid if I tell him the main reason for the blackouts.

Unlike the paradise we just left...

Just look at where I'm staying. I'm too ashame to call this my house, let alone defending it.

"It's umm..." I try to fish out a perfect lie so I won't sound stupid. "We umm..." I cleared my throat. He's raising his brows at me. "We had this thing that's called security around here," He nod his head slowly, in accord with what I say. "Whenever it's times like this, we all turn off the bulbs just to make the neighborhood a bit scary for bandits."