Father of my daughters

Somehow and somewhat, I managed to deliver the dresses which I needed to deliver this evening to my clients.

It's past evening times already. Not really but almost the evening hours.

3:59pm?

The hospital is still quite busy. Nurses are moving all about, rushing to attend to patients seeking their attentions.

Most of them are brought in by an ambulance. Injured patients or maybe accident victims?

Some are on stretchers, wheelchair...

Ugh! I just remembered Lorena.

Anyway, whatever. By gones be by gones. She's in my past now. Though I still haven't forgiven her yet.

I made some cookies for my girls. They'd be hungry after a whole time spent at the hospital.

I called Mia to check on her, she told me she's good and her husband's too.

Infact, she invited me over for dinner.

She said there's something she wants to show me.

I wonder what it might be.

I took a deep breath as I drifted into the hallway that leads to Ava's.

It's quiet except some noise are coming from the rooms I just passed.

I also talked with Bernard in the morning, he is doing great.

Currently, I have zero worries. My mind is at rest and at peace right now.

Aria texted me earlier that Ava's condition is getting better. And she'll be discharged today.

I'm happy for that.

But I still blame myself for not being protective enough towards them. Though we live far apart, yet, it's still my duty to act up as a mother. Somehow, somewhat.

I took a very deep breath once more as I stood in front of Ava's closed door.

I can hear familiar voices chatting and chuckling indoor.

Ava is awake. Justin is telling them something amusing and the girls are laughing like kindergartens.

Must it be some storybook...stuff like that thing?

I imagine what he tells them.

I don't know but yet, a sweet smile arose my lips and curled it into a happy face.

He's sure a great dad.

One thing before I'll enter. I hope that Jasmine of a woman is not in there too? Well, if she is, I would have heard her commented in the background as well.

My instincts told me no sign of here, so, I held the doorknob and softly pushed the door open.

**

"It was like a clown who appeared in a play. Everyone–"

"Mo–Aunt Mabel!" Ava beamed, interrupting everything Justin had to say.

First, I picked the first word which almost made my spirit melt outta me. Mom? She almost called me.

My girls are kinda fond of me. If not, my daughter wouldn't have mastered my identity as her mother so soon.

Justin turned his head to confirm if truly it was me. He smiled thereafter. "Oh hey, you're here."

I smiled too. "Hi." I entered and shut the door behind me.

I believe they didn't observe my cracked voice.

"You have no idea how much I missed you when you left." Aria hugged me.