Our wildest dreams

"Hi, you're awake." He smiled at me.

I couldn't barely utter a single comment right now. I'm frozen and locked up in an iceberg.

I continued watching him like a full HD of TNT channel, not really his full self but his eyes.....I remember something about those eyes on that night. Sixteen years ago.

He was drunk and unable to see me properly on that night that we happened.....

I still kept record of what happened that evening.

He still has those innocent blue eyes, I'm sinking into them as he moved closer to the bed.

There's a seat beside the bed, he pulled it out and sat next to the bed. I remember this cologne, his body fragrance remains the same since the past sixteen years.

We met only that night, years ago. Today we're seeing each other for the second time in sixteen years.....

"Are...you alright, Miss?" He is misunderstanding my stunned mode.

I shook my head out of my daze. I slowly nodded, still not saying a word in response.

"Okay," He cleared his throat, "I erm..." He cleared his throat again, "I'm sorry about what happened, my chauffeur wasn't watch-"

"No problem, I'm good." I quickly stated.

Why is fate moving so fast in a circle? His daug- I mean our daughters and I knew recently and he came after?

"With your current condition, I don't think you are." He chuckled softly, one hand placed on his lap and the other reaching for my hand.

My whole body shivered at his touch on the back of my hand. I haven't felt this way in the past years and present until just now.

He kept a close eye on the degree that the pulse oximeter was displaying.

"O....Kay," He dragged the word "okay" "You're getting better." He left my hand and kept his charming focus on me.

I didn't want him to let go of my hand, I still want his hand on mine. I don't know why but I want to.

My heart had melted away for long since he stepped into the room and now that we're facing each other, eyes locked together, I'm dieing to feel what we both shared on that night sixteen years ago.

"Have you contacted any of your relatives yet?" He asked me. I'm quiet. "Maybe your husband, brothers, you know..." He shrugged, "Sisters, parents, sibli-"

"I don't have a relative, nor spouse." I remarked.

He stared at me weirdly, "O...Kay." Still dragging the word, awkwardly. "There's barely no one who doesn't have somebody in the family tree but if you say you don't.... Then it's alright."

"Do you?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I do." He shook his head, smiling. He continued, "A mom. I lost my dad few years back. I gat two beautiful daughters."

I almost teared up when he mentioned two beautiful daughters. I've met them. Yes I have.

"What color of eyes do your daughters have?" I asked, curiously. Though I knew.

He took some seconds to remain silent before saying, "Light brown kinda hazel?"

"How old are they?" I asked. I don't mind bumping into his personal life. I knew him before and I want to know him better.

He never acted weirdly towards my question. He's a simple man and direct with answers. "Fifteen. Twins."

Now the tears are falling off and rolling down my cheeks. I don't need an identity or verification code to know the person I'm interacting with. It's him.

We continued staring into each other's eyes. I never wanted to part it up but then he noticed I was tearing up, "Oh my, did I say something stupid?" He panicked and inched closer.

No boy, you're not Jonas Blue ft Awa. Something stupid.

He gently wiped off the tears from my cheeks with his thumb fingers, "Forgive me if I said something-"

"Nothing," I shook my head, still weeping. I hugged him so I can cover my embarrassed face.

He never understood what's going on. I knew he's busy contemplating whether to wrap his arms around me or not.

But I pulled away, not to app freeze his brain cells. He held my face in his palms, staring so directly and closely into my eyes.

Don't leave me, please. I wished.

He pulled away, leaving my face to myself, to where it belongs.

********

He went back to his seat and reached a hand to me for an handshake, "I'm sorry if you went emotional but I'm Justin."

"Justin Bieber?" I joked. Still don't know his name yet.

He laughed, "A celebrity? I wish in my wildest dreams."

I love his kinda way of cheering up.

"Justin Snyder. But you can call me Justin." He introduced himself.

I blushed, receiving his handshake in accord with mine. Our hands clasped and I felt that electrocuted shiver in my bones and spines, "Mabelle Abrams Hernandez. You can simply call me Mabel for short."

The doctor walked in with certain files in his arms. "Sorry I invaded your conversation," He placed the files on the table and turned towards Justin with a friendly smile, "If you don't mind, Sir, I'll love to attend to my patient now."

"Sure, doc." Justin saluted him in a police way of salutation.

I can't help but chortle. The doctor did the same as well.

Justin turn towards me as he stood up, "Just Incase you need anything, I'll be nearby. And if you think I'm too far..." He dipped his hands into his pockets, searching for something.

He brought out a complimentary card and handed it to me, "Call me or just send a text, Mabel." He winked, opening my curled fingers, he placed it in my palm and took his leave.

I blushed and curled my fingers around the card.

The doctor noticed. He continued his medical treatments on me and said, "Your husband is such a nice caring man."

My hus-?!

I wish and hoped so. I won't get my hopes up high too much. Let destiny decides. Still, I wish he's just as the doctor had addressed him to be. My husband indeed. In my wildest dreams. Or should I say I and his wildest dreams?

Our wildest dreams, baby.