Mutual friendship

**** BRITNEY'S P.O.V. ****

I found myself standing right outside a guy's apartment. Bernard's.

I should have been home by now. While I was in my car on the express highway, on my way home, I texted Camila. I asked her Bernard's address.

He is my friend, what is it of me to leave my friend in such an unhappy state of mood?

I pulled at the driveway so I won't obstruct the other cars coming from behind. Besides, it's against the law that one should be on the steering wheel and be operating device.

She did as I asked and here I am.

I can't count how many times I took deep breaths. I'm feeling nervous. I want to knock, my fist stopped on the way like it was controlled by somewhat remote.

My fist waited for me to inhale some fresh air before gathering all confidence to knock on the damn door.

I knocked once. I knocked twice. I'm waiting patiently. I'm expecting someone to come out to see who's at the door.

I hope It'd be Bernard.

I checked my wristwatch, thank goodness. It's still noon and early enough for my brothers not to be bothered.

I lift my head, hands resting by my sides. Come on, come out. I mumbled the words in my mouth.

Hope I had the right house numb-

"Yes, who's-" Bernard swallowed the rest of his words after setting eyes on me at the door.

I managed to force a quick smile even though I knew he isn't in the mood of smiling in return.

He still had the same pissed off look. I'm not too sure he has sort his problems out yet. Or did I came at the wrong time?

"Hey." I waved my hand with a wide grin.

He sighed, still not smiling, "How did you know where I am staying?"

My fake smile slowly faded away. He is not happy to see me anyway. I shouldn't have come.

At least return the greeting with a warm hug.

"Is that important right now?" I tried to be serious. He corked his head sideway in surprise.

I ignored him and walked into the apartment. Almost bumping him over at the door.

He had no option but to part way for me to get in, thereafter I heard the door shut behind me.

His apartment is not that bad after all. Today's the first day I have stepped foot into a guys place. When I mean guy, I meant to say a male person who isn't my relative nor sibling.

Bernard is my only male friend and I enjoy his company around me. When he's not around me, I felt the moon and the sun didn't come out to play in my sky for just one day.

My eyes flicked on the entire furniture in the little living room. It's a one duplex apartment.

The stairs to the room or rooms upstairs, are literally wooden and painted white. The whole place inside is painted with white paint.

Does he spray the entire place with his body perf? Because right now, I can smell him everywhere.

There's a refrigerator and some furniture at the left hand side. I think that's the dining room I'm viewing.

No TV, no electronics, not even a centre table. Just two arm chairs with no couches nor sofa. Unlike my place, everything is available. Infact, mine is a luxury duplex made with blocks.