• Chapter Twenty-two •

Start from the beginning

I'm sorry mom.

The chain of my thoughts is broken by the sudden present in the room. I turn around and see y/n walking in. She is shivering because of the cold. "I told you thousand times not to linger inside the bar around this time!" She exclaimed as I blinked and stared at her. She is wearing that ridiculous silky pj's. The shorts which barely covers her thighs then how can she not feel cold? With those clothes? "I couldn't sleep.." I muttered averting my gaze from her. She let out a sigh while bringing the glass for her as I watched her pouring down the red wine for herself.

"Are you planning to drink?" I asked already knowing the answer. She rolled her eyes and took a seat beside me. "I'm keeping you company as I've said." She smiled while clanking her glass with mine. "Don't create the mess you created last time." I warned while sipping on my whiskey. She gulped down her drink and let out a weird noise from her throat. "I won't dude. Don't worry!" She exclaimed as I nodded. "Why can't you sleep tho?" She asked. The amount of skin she is offering tonight is terrible for my drunken self.

I remember how I was sleeping in her arms three days ago. I remember how peaceful it felt. I remember how every demons inside me fell silent and I couldn't hear anything except her heart. She had that effect. She could kill the evil with just one of her smile. That's the thing about her, she is an angel and I was the evil.

The amount of times my heart had betrayed me at her smile only is terrible.

One thing I figured was, I could sleep in her arms without worrying or feeling anything. She was the peace to my chaos.

"Yah! I'm asking you something!" Y/n snapped her fingers as I came out of my trance. "I just couldn't sleep." I muttered. "Does it.. does it gets more hard for you during this... time of the year?" I didn't have to ask her what she was talking about. I was stupid enough to cry in her arms. She knows now. "Yes.. I get the flashback so.." I mumbled as she stared at me. "You told me that you have insomnia for more than a decade.. is that the reason..?" I nodded again. "I used to get nightmares. I used to wake up while screaming. I thought I'll scare Taehyung but he never left my side." I said while remembering how Taehyung would try to calm me down despite being a kid himself. Those days were hard. "When was the last time you felt peacefully?" She asked while playing with her glass. The wine in her glass is finished and she is moving the index finger along with the empty glass while staring at it as if its the most magnificent thing.

"The night before that Christmas."

Three days ago, in your arms. I fell asleep. Peacefully.

She nodded. "That's quite a long." She muttered as I hummed in response. We didn't speak for a while but then I remember how I ruined her decorations that night. I couldn't control it. "How do you celebrate your Christmas?" I asked as she stared at me for a brief moment. "You... are you-"

"I'm just asking." I said as she nodded. "Well, I just decorate the tree and then I used to celebrate it with Jen or the orphan kids! I bring chocolates for them every year." There's this glint of sparks in her eyes every time she talks about those helpless kids which just shows how kind this woman is. "Let's not talk about that tho! Tell me something about your work!" She diverted the topic and I knew why exactly. "You won't like the mafia stuff." I said as she scrunched her nose while shaking her head. "Do you.. do you kill people?"

I halt my glass in my hand at her sudden question. "Those who deserves." I muttered as she nodded.

Eventually even after I told her not to drink much she ended up drinking and then blabbering but this time y/n actually went to sleep. I practically had to kick her out because she won't leave saying that "Bwut youw arew alwone biggieww."