• Chapter Twenty-two •

Start from the beginning

"Hey saera!" I smiled at her as she looks around with pity in her eyes. She helped in decorating the house yesterday. "I'm so sorry." She mumbled as I let out a chuckle. "Its not your fault. To be honest... its no one's fault.." I sighed. "Hey, did you send someone to clean his room?" I asked her as she nodded. "Its almost done!" Saera exclaimed. "Good,I don't want any remains from last night." I stated. A while later Saera went to make breakfast and I was helping her.

The whole place is cleaned and so is his room. I checked it personally. Its been hours but Jungkook hasn't woken up yet which leaves me with anxiety but I try not to think negative.

Just when I think that I should go and check up on him I see Jungkook coming downstairs. He is looking around with that straight face. He is wearing different clothes from last night which means that he did check his room before coming down here. Suddenly his eyes are on me as I look away immediately. Jungkook silently sits on the breakfast table as Saera serves him his coffee. I don't stop him from drinking his coffee considering that it will make him feel better if he is having headache or something. After all coffee helps in freshening up the brain.

(A/N: For me, it does tho ;-; )

"Good morning!" I try to make the conversation as he nods in my direction. "Ahh did you sleep well?" I questioned as he let out a sigh. "Haven't slept this good in a while. I wonder how I even fell into a peaceful sleep." My eyes are stuck to him while he finally looks up at me from his coffee. "T-thats g-good.." I mumbled and look away. "Thank you for last night and I.. I'm sorry.." I bit my inner cheek at his words.

Screw you jeon! You can't behave like that!

"It's me who should apologize actually.. I'm so sorry that I made you remember all that and I..." I pause while looking at him. "...I'm sorry for all that happened." I muttered as he let out a dry chuckle. "It honestly doesn't matter now." He said. "If it still hurts you.. then it still matters.." he stopped sipping on his coffee at my words as I look down at my plate. I hear him let out a breath as if he is trying to tell me something. "I've shared a piece of me with you last night.. I expect you to keep it with you only." He said as let out a smile. "Your secrets are safe with me!" I exclaimed while attempting a smile which he returns with a nod.

After finishing the breakfast I went to my room for getting ready to leave for work. I stared at the bed which brought last night's memory. I couldn't help but picture him sleeping there in this morning.

He was sleeping.

No matter the reason but I was glad that he could sleep. Shaking my head I left my room and was about to leave when his voice stopped me. Turning around I saw jungkook in his blazer. "Where are you going?" He questioned. "Just.. work.." I replied as he nodded with a hum. "Dont you have holidays?" He asked as I smiled before shaking my head. "Its that time of the year when customer actually visits often." I shrugged my shoulders. I eyed him up and down before letting out a question. "Are you... going for work?" I asked.

"Well being mafia comes with working 24/7." He said as I nodded with a tight smile. "I will... see you then?" He nodded and left as I finally let out a breath that I was holding in for so long.

I wonder how things are going to be from now on..

JUNGKOOK'S POV ::

Its around 3am when I linger inside the bar while staring outside from the window. My eyes are dry and the alcohol does not soothes the burning feeling inside my chest. Whenever I close my eyes, I can't help but see them. The three of them. My little Somi would've been a big girl now. The thought itself brings a kind of pain with anger in my chest. Although, I don't know why I'm still angry.