Agent Pete Mitchell AKA: Maverick

"Will I ever learn..." Maverick said as he ran down a corridor trying to get away from a group of men chasing him.

He kinda messed up something on his mission so now, he was running to avoid getting shot again. (Yes... he's been shot more then once. Don't worry nowhere that would kill him.

"Maverick. Report in." A voice said over the coms. Maverick smirked as he slipped into the crowd and took his jacket off, tossing it to the side. He promptly took a glass of champagne from a waiter and walked over to an area where he knew there were no cameras.

"I'm here. Kinda in trouble. I could use a lovely distraction." Maverick said to the voice on the other line.

"Of course you do. What did you this time?" Mavericks partner asked over the coms. Maverick chuckled and sipped his Champagne. "Kinda punched a guy..."

"Lovely. Well.. your distraction will be arriving in 3...2...1."

An explosion went off in the opposite direction Maverick of where he needed to go. He smirked and ran off towards his exit and raced to his motorcycle as people realized he was escaping.

He raced away and chuckled. "Thanks Ice, I'm on my way to the rendezvous point." He said as increased his speed.

"Good good... cause I have a new mission for you. And trust me... you're not gonna like this one." Ice said with a chuckle as he sat in his all black Cadillac.

"A mission I won't like? Interesting."

Maverick arrived as Ice got out of his vehicle. Maverick jumped off his motorcycle and pulled out a USB and waved it in the air as he walked over to his much taller partner.

"Good Job..." Ice said as he took the USB. He placed it into his pocket. "Get into the car." Ice said.

"Yes sir." Maverick got in, curious about what his partner (who mind you was in charge of the whole spy agency) wanted from him.

Ice handed him a file.

"I'm putting you in charge of a team. Everyone's name is in there..." Ice said as he typed on his phone.

Maverick glanced at him and then opened the file. "I work alone, Ice... you know this." he said with annoyance in his voice. He read through their names, not really their actual names. More like, a code name.

None of their actual names were on the file. It was considered the highest level of trust to learn an agents name.

"I don't care Maverick... whether you like it or not, you haven't climbed the ranks, you're reckless, and you need to mature more as a leader so, you will do that with a team." Ice said as he looked at Maverick.

"Tom... I can't lead."

"Pete... I wouldn't be giving you a team if I didn't think you could lead. They're all at headquarters waiting for you." Ice said as they continued to drive back to headquarters.

Maverick sighed and looked at the portfolios of his teammates...

Rooster

Phoenix

Hangman

B.O.B

Fanboy

Payback

Coyote

He hated that he had to do this... but he simply didn't have a choice.  He glanced at Ice as he texted away on his phone.

Maverick saw he was texting his husband, who was also an agent.

"How's... um... how's the husband?" Maverick asked as he closed his file.

Ice looked at him. "Oh, well. He is doing well. He's pretty happy right now. We just adopted a little girl recently, so we're excited to see how it goes." A smile went across Ices face as he spoke about Slider.

Maverick admired his smile, wishing for something along with it, but he snapped back to reality. He simply smiled back and nodded. "I'm excited for you."

Ice smiled softly and turned his phone off. "Thank you."

Ice walked into the headquarters with Maverick on his right. Ice swiped his access card and walked down the elegantly decorated hall leading to his office.

"These agents are the top in their fields. They are top three in all areas. You might even know one of them." Ice said as he swiped his card and entered his office.

There everyone was.

Maverick saw a group of people, but most definitely not a team. Not a good one...

He sensed a tension with Phoenix and the rest of the group, hangman had this cocky feeling around him, bob was extremely quiet, fanboy he couldn't tell anything which was the same with Coyote and Payback, and then... he saw his biggest obstacle.

Rooster.

There was history here.... And maverick was not pleased about it.

"Agents, I want you to meet your new Commander, Agent Maverick. He is well versed in all of the categories you all will be working in, and is an agent I hold in high regard. I expect you all to respect him and listen to him." Ice said with a serious tone.

The group simply nodded in a unified silence. Maverick glared at Ice. Ice raised a brow but just stood. He knew Maverick was mad, but he knew Mav would get over it.

"You all will report here for training exercises tomorrow. You're all dismissed..." ice said as all the agents except Maverick started to leave.

Ice stood up as the one and only Slider came in.  A softness went over Ices face as Slider walked over. "Hello my dear, I brought you dinner." Slide said as he kissed Ices cheek.

Ice smiled softly and chuckled. He started to talk to him.

Maverick clenched his fists as he watched them. He simply turned and looked out the window. Slider sat down as Ice looked at Maverick

"What's the problem, Maverick... you're shooting daggers at me." Ice said.

Maverick had a lot of issues, and a lot of things to say, but he knew to hold his tongue.

"Why couldn't you put Cyclone, or warlock, or even your husband in charge of this team...." Maverick said as he turned to look at him.

"Because you have the most experience, I trust you with this team, and I'm worried about you being alone." Ice said with concern.

Maverick sighed and rubbed his neck. "Fine... but don't be surprised if the group falls apart."