Tommy (Tommy)

Little: Tommy
Cg: Wilbur

Tw/Cws: Mentions of change, death, and exile.

Disclaimer: This takes place before Wilbur left.

Wilbur took a good look at his brother.

Tommy wasn't the same as before. Reasonable, people change.

Not this much.

Tommys eyes were dull, drained from the life and excitement they held before. He looked miserable and helpless. Before, his eyes were a bright sky blue. His eyes held all the happiness and excitement in the world. Now, his eyes were a dull grey. The previous emotions completely washed away and replaced with sadness and neverending grief.

His hair was tousled and messy, his previously golden blonde hair nowhere to be seen. His hair now was dirty, dark, and long.

His clothes were stained with grass and dirt, his white and red shirt was now beigh and red. The new blue cardigan that he wore seemed to be the only thing he cared about enough to keep clean and decent looking.

The boy stood anxiously, fidgeting with his hands and glancing around every few seconds. How did Wilbur not notice this behavior before?

This wasn't the old Tommy, in fact the old Tommy seemed to be dead for a long time. The old Tommy died during his exiles, during the wars, and during his stay at the prison with Dream.

The old Tommy wasn't coming back.

Realization struck Wilbur suddenly. Tommy wasn't the same. Tommy before was confident and happy regardless of all the wrong things happening. The old Tommy didn't care about materials or politics. The old Tommy seeked fun and adventure.

Tommy now just seemed, well, sad. He lacked his previous confidence and emotions. He lacked sympathy, he really only cared about a few people and getting by. Tommy now seeked stability and calmness.

The old Tommy wasn't coming back. The old Tommy was dead.

Wilbur tensed when Tommy ran into his arms at the sound of a bush rustling. "What was that?," Tommy asked hesitantly, his voice muffled by Wilburs sweater.

"Just the wind Tom, you're alright," Wilbur relaxed his muscles and wrapped his arms around his little brother, one hand on his back and the other on his head.

Tommy hummed quietly and went quiet, his arms still strongly hugging his brother.

"Tommy? Are you okay?," It was Tommys turn to tense up now. Why would he ask that? Tommy hadn't heard that question in months.

"Fine, why?," Tommy answered, his wavering voice and already moist eyes were a dead giveaway though.

"Don't lie to me Tommy, you're clinging to me like someone will pull you away and you're shaking," Wilbur rested his chin on Tommys head as he spoke.

"M'fine," Tommy mumbled again. He began clicking his tounge softly, most likely to ease his anxiety.

"Okay prince, you wanna just stand here?," Wilbur didn't fail to notice the slur in Tommys speech, he never did.

Tommy looked up slightly, his eyes fluttering from the nickname. Wilbur smiled as familiar sky blue eyes met his own chocolate brown ones.

"Up?," Tommy asked shyly, hesitantly opening his hands as a way of asking. Wilbur nodded, smiling warmly.

He lifted Tommy into his arms and hummed as the blond nestled comfortably against his chest, curling up slightly.

Wilbur began to rock Tommy from side to side carefully. He watched with a gentle, fond look as Tommys eyes drooped almost immediately

He didn't care that he was technically outside or that he would be standing for a long time. He cared that his brother needed him and he made a silent promise to help him.

It would be so hard for Wilbur to leave him now...

AN: Wooo angst and comfort then angst again, the life cycle -M<3

word count:622