Sally (Wilbur)

Little: Wilbur (age range changes a lot) Cg: Sally

Tw/Cws: Separation anxiety (very brief)

Requested by: MushroomNotFound

"Wil? Honey, it's time to get up," Sallys sweet voice rang through the house and Wilburs eyes opened slowly. He always described Sally's voice as 'sweet like honey' and he'd be lying if he said he didn't love it.

Wilbur groaned and stuffed his face into his pillow. He didn't wanna do work today!

He was tired and he really just wanted to be little and sleep all day, though that wouldn't be very productive.

"Wil?," Sally's head peeked into their bedroom. Wilbur mumbled something but it was muffled because of the fabric.

"Hm?," She questioned and walked towards the brunette. "Don' wanna," Wilbur huffed out and lifted his head up. Sally sat down next to him.

"Why not? You love working!," Sally smiled gently at Wilbur, a soft smile that said he could stay home if he really wanted. A smile that was warm and genuine and reassuring. (I love that line-)

"Tired, n' small," Wilbur whispered the last part but Sally heard him clearly. She hummed softly and began gently carding her fingers through Wilburs curly hair.

Wilbur sighed contently and laid his head back down slowly. "You can stay home today, mi amor. You work so hard and you deserve a break," Sally said to the boy, her sweet as honey voice making Wilbur smaller by the minute. (Mi amor = my love, Hispanic Sally hc anyone?)

"T'ank you mama," Wilbur whispered gratefully, he really was so tired. "Of course little songbird, is today a stay in bed day?," Sally asked gently, still carefully brushing her fingers through his curls. (LITTLE SONGBIRD AHH /pos)

"Mhm, jus' wanna sweep," Wilbur murmured, he was savoring the affection and attention from Sally. He didn't usually allow himself to regress around people, or at all really, and he was starved for attention.

"Okay button, want breakfast? A little thing like you needs food!," Sally booped Wilburs nose as she said this.

Wilbur was conflicted. He was hungry but Sally getting him food meant she would have to leave, he didn't want to be alone even for a few minutes!

Wilbur nodded but grasped onto Sally's hand loosely before she could even move. She laughed a sweet laugh and pat Wilburs head with her free hand.

"I'll be right back, I promise," She kissed his head as if to seal the promise and stood.

Wilbur hesitantly let go of her wrist, his hand lingering near hers for a few extra seconds before he put it down.

He nodded sadly and watched with puppy dog eyes as she left the room, not before blowing Wilbur a kiss though, and made her way downstairs.

Wilbur waited, sulking quietly, for his mama to return and when she didn't come back after a few minutes he began tearing up, thinking the worst had happened.

A single tear fell as soon as the door opened, Sally's beautiful orangy red hair appearing before her.

Sally, seeing Wilburs red face and teary eyes, rushed to the littles side. She placed a tray on the bedside table and sat on the bed.

Wilbur fell into her arms the second she opened them as a invitation and dug his face in her neck.

"What's wrong darling?," She asked gently, worry seeping into her voice. "Nuffin, jus' miss you," Wilbur responded. The reason why he was upset didn't matter anymore since Sally was back.