116

Kourtney's POV

We made it to the theater room and locked all the doors, running up to the stage. I really hope the guys wrap this whole thing up soon. I would like to die sometime AFTER I graduate. "How long will we be safe in here?"Andi asks.

To answer her question, we heard banging on the door. "Don't worry, I'm sure we're all gonna be okay" I tell them, trying to convince myself.

"Oh, yeah, then why are we about to die?" Jack shouts.

"JACK?"

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm just nervous, alright?"

"Come on guys, we have to fight!"

"Fight with what? Songs and a dance? We're dead, we're dead, we're all dead!"

"STOP SAYING WE'RE DEAD!"

"Fine, well, if we're all gonna die, read Nini's note!" I tell jack. He looks at me like I'm crazy. "Is that really our priority right now, Kourt?"

"Nini told me to make sure no matter what happens, you read her note, so read it!"

"Fine!" He takes out his note and opens it. I'm not saying what happens next because that's between Nini and Jack. What are those heroes doing?"

Gina's POV

We regrouped in the middle of the city. "What do we do?" Ashlyn asks.

"There's too many of them!" Jean sighs.

"I have a plan," EJ says, whispering it to everyone. "And break!" We all say. Walker jumps up and swings around, connecting every brother with a web. Saida copies, vines tangling themselves around every other brother.

"NOW!" They both yell. We all shoot out beams of our powers to each web and vine. We shock every brother and don't stop until their all down, basically twitching. "Nice work, team."

"So where's Zach?" Ricky asks.

"I don't know" EJ shrugs. "He just...vanished. I don't know what happened."

"Look up!" I see Zach flying towards us. He grabs my arms and flies higher into the air. "NO! GINA!" My friends yell, trying to race after us. I try to struggle free, but he was no use.

He throws me in the air and holds me by my neck, drawing out a dagger. "I need EJ to be angry enough to do what I want. Maybe your death will encourage him." He tries to stab me, but I grab his wrist, trying to hold him back, but he was stronger.

I was shocked when I saw EJ jump on his back. "I'm gonna drop you know," he tells me.

"What?" He elbows Zach's arm making him drop me. But he creates a force field so I'll land safely. I bounce off 2 buildings until I finally reach the ground, the force field fading. "G!" My friends run to me and help me up. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, but come on, we gotta help EJ!"

EJ's POV

I repeatedly punch Zach. He grabs my arm and throws me off. I grab his leg and throw him down with me, throwing him farther down. We both crash in the street, creating a dent surrounding us.

I slowly get back up, feeling small flecks of blood dripping from my face. I look down, my face fading, my true form showing. My building black veins, my pale veins, and my eyes completely cloud over.

I felt the BloodLust take control again. My eyesight completely becomes red. I wanna finish this. For good.

"EJ! EJ, WAIT!" I hear my friends scream. I can't let them stop me. This is between me and Zach. I hold up my hand and create a force field around the 2 of us. This was my battle. And this can't end til he's dead.

I look back at Zach, slowly standing up. "Poor, EJ. Too weak...can't even let his friends fight with him."

"No...I just wanna kill you myself.

"Atta boy."

I bolt towards him, throwing 2 projectiles, but he dodges. I try to punch him, but he ducks. Before he could react, I speed-punch him. I leap up and try to stomp on his face, but he rolls out of the way.

I turn around and see him drawing out a dagger, his eyes glowing black. "Here, boy."

He tries to slice my feet, but I flip over him. He tries again, but I bend over. I punch his side. He tries to stab me, but I dodge, and he quickly punches me. I trip his feet and flip over him, but he cuts my leg.

He gets up, but I quickly punch him before he could even make a move. He stabs me again, but I grab the dagger and break it from his suit. I punch his face again. I grab his head and bash it into my knee.

I slide under him and grab his belt, throwing him to the ground. I pull him up on his knees and finally stop holding back, brutally beating him into submission.

I felt myself being fueled with rage. He took my parents. He ruined my relationship. He killed my best friend's dad. He ruined my whole life. I wanted to do this. He was right. I needed to change. And now I have what it takes to kill him.

I finally deliver a final punch, knocking him off his feet. My hands were bloody. I was breathing heavily. I was ready to end this. I was ready to end him.

I grab his dagger. I limp over to him, ready to do what I've been dying to do. This was the one death I wasn't going to regret.

However, before delivering his brutal punishment, I was stopped.

Ricky's POV

I watch as EJ brutally pummled Zach. He was angry, he was heartbroken, he was hurt. Everything I've been feeling my whole life. I wanted to do that to Zach, I had the chance of doing it to my mom and Todd.

But my dad was the one thing that kept me from doing it.

I realized it wasn't what my dad would want for me, and this was not what EJ's parents would want for him. I have to stop him.

"G, portal me in front of him."

"Why?"

"Just do it!"

He opens a portal and I jump in. Right as he was about to stab Zach, I grab his arm, holding him back. He tries to push me down harder, but I gave it all my strength.

I didn't talk to him. I just looked at him. I almost didn't recognize my best friend. His face and hands were bloody. And it wasn't just his eyes, his eyes, irises, and pupils were completely eyes. He was grinding his teeth, but I can get through to him.

The EJ I knew would never want to do this. I know the real him's in there. I've felt all of his rage and anger, I wouldn't want that for anyone else.

I think I was able to get through to him. He stopped forcing himself down. His eyes went back to their teal color. And he dropped the dagger. I look at him with a small grin.

"Ha," Zach starts laughing. I turn and see him on one knee. "They were there because of you two. Mike was in that apartment for you. Kara and Cash were in that building trying to protect you. I may and struck the blows...but you two. Ha! Guess that's another thing you two best friends have in common. You two killed your own parents, hahaha!"

I look over at EJ who gives me a nod. He absorbs all of Zach's power. I empower my fist and when he's done, I give him one of my hardest punches, knocking him unconscious. I look over at EJ. I gave him the one thing I think he needed.

I gave him a hug.

And just like that, the battle is over. It's really over.  What did you guys think? And yes, I had to give the boys their own moment since I traumatized both of them lol. Next chapters will be the character's endings and then a big surprise. I can't believe I'm so close to the end. Book 3 coming soon. Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are.