37

Cash Caswell

Kara Caswell

Kara Caswell

Cash's POV

Kara and I were in our room, getting ready. A building was in danger and we had to save them. "You ready?" I ask Kara. "We should get going by going by now."

"What about EJ?"

That's one subject I didn't wanna talk about. EJ wasn't on the same page with us right now, but I don't blame him. His mom and I are superheroes, we do what we do to protect him, but sometimes we have to neglect him, and he hasn't been so happy about that.

"He has a game today and after that, he's coming back here with Ashlyn."

"Okay."

"Mom! Dad!"

We walk downstairs and see EJ at the stairs. He looks up at us with a glare. "Eej? What are you doing here?"

"I live here. You guys about to leave?"

"Our new job interview is today."

"Huh, so you're not coming to my game...as usual" he looks away. I feel really bad, I know we're doing all of this for him, but I feel like a terrible father for not being involved in my own son's life. "Son, you know if we would be there, we..."

"Yeah, sure you would" he rolls his eyes. "I just came to pick up some stuff." He tries to walk past us.

"EJ," his mom says. She caressed his face sympathetically and kisses his forehead. "You know we love you. We always will. Please just know that."

"Yeah...I know" EJ pulls away before heading upstairs, and my wife's head falls. "Hey, hey, it's okay" I kiss her cheek and rub her arm. "Maybe if we hurry up, we can make it to his game."

We walk out of the house and drive to the gym. We meet Dennis in the training room. "You guys ready?" He asks.

"What's happening now?"

"The Brotherhood of Fear placed a bomb in a building, probably just to get attention. You guys think you can handle this?"

"We will." Kara transforms into her suit with a wave of her hands. I press my watch and my suit covers my body.