45

Gina's POV

We slowly walk into Seb's Barn. Nini was lighting up the room with her lightning balls. Wow, this place stinks. There was sheep beating, and cow mooing, it felt like a horror movie. "Why do I hear sheep, but don't see sheep?" Ashlyn asks, clinging onto Big Red.

"Oh, that's Jimmy" Seb explains. "He has social anxiety."

"Well, I'm team Jimmy," Kourtney says. "I don't camp, glamp, or sleep without a silk pillowcase."

I hear another animal and EJ freaks out, electricity sparking in his hands. Lately, he's been on a fritz, but he won't talk about it. "Okay, cool" he mumbles. I giggle and hook our arms to calm him down. "Take a breath" I whisper to him.

"Listen," Ricky says. "I'm sure Seb and Gina have a good reason for bringing us to his barn so late, on a school night."

"Okay," I laugh. "So, we gathered you guys here tonight 'cause I've got this idea and we only have 48 hours to pull it off, it's gonna take all of us."

"The whole family."

Seb explained the whole thing about Carlos's birthday, not being able to take a hint or 2. "So I talked to Gina and we thought we could throw a big surprise party to celebrate the guy Carlos is."

"And a Quinceañero he always wanted, and never got. It's a birthday party but seriously zhuzh up. 'Cause Carlos is one of the good guys."

"Okay, somebody say something because maybe this is a terrible idea?" Aww. Seb. Everyone was smiling and nodding. I thought it was a great idea.

"It's an amazing idea!" Nini chirps up. I guess she was excited because the lightning balls in the air were burning brighter. "I'm in." The others start to join in too. "For Carlos!"

"FOR CARLOS!"

(The Next Day)

I watch EJ's leg bounce rapidly. Every time it speeds up, he just tries to slow it down. He's been a little...fidgety after Ricky found him in the Brotherhood place, and definitely after the fight with his and Nini's old friend, Emily Pratt. Nini told me he almost killed her, but he won't talk about it.

I scoot next to him and tap his shoulder. "Hey, you okay?"

He turns back at me with an open jaw and starts stuttering. "U-Um, yeah, I'm, I'm good."

"EJ, you can talk to me, I am your girlfriend after all."

"I'm sorry, it's just..."

"And on the 3rd count of 8, the wolves with attack the Beast."

"Can't wait!" Ricky says, sitting next to Walker. "Ricky, stand center stage and look afraid. Dancers, please stand in for the wolves. Dancers, please step in for the woods who are currently being potty-trained at the animal shelter."

Walker gives him a thumbs up and Ricky gets up. I turn back to talk to EJ, but he wasn't gone. I see him grab his bag and walk outside. I need to talk to him. Something's wrong, and I think he needs someone to talk to.

Seb's POV

"I need to talk to you for a second," I tell Carlos before grabbing him and walking away from the group. "Why do you look guilty?" He asks me. Well, I'm not the best, but I can do this!

"Do you have any plans for Saturday?"

"Spending it all day watching Football."

"Really?" I never knew Carlos liked Football, he complains about every sport, especially WaterPolo...to EJ's face.