30

Walker's POV

I look at myself in the mirror. I had some time before I had to head over to Ricky's for whatever surprise he had for me. I wanted to look my best. I wore one of my favorite jackets with paint splotches and patches. I know it's not a date or anything, but still, it's nice to think about it.

"Hey, little man."

I turn around and see Shawn grinning at me, leaning on the wall. "Why are you watching me?"

"Where are you going?"

"Ricky's place."

"Ricky? As in..."

"Yeah, that Ricky."

"Ooh, little man making moves!"

"Shut up" I joke before looking back at the mirror. I pull at a strand of my hair. Maybe I should change my hair, don't know, I guess I could. "Does my hair look too short?"

"Aah, you're in that phase" Shawn laughs. He walks over to the counter and grabs his keys. "Come on, I'll take you to get your haircut." I know it seems like I'm changing myself for a boy, but at the end of the day, I'm still just a boy with a crush.

Ricky's POV

I play a few strings on my guitar, waiting for Walker to drop by. Playing my guitar helps me think, and I was trying to think of my answer to tell dad about the baby. I look around, boxes all around, everything was settling down, I don't want it to change. I wanna get all of my feelings out so I don't feel too depressed when Artist gets here.

But it's only a matter of time
An eye for an eye, you'll go blind
And when did you stop being kind?
You twisted your words like a knife
Well, I'm sure that you're hurting inside
But why would you make your pain mine?
You're making me pay for your crimes
Darling, I'll be fine
But it's only a matter of

I hear the doorbell ring. It's either Walker or my dad who forgot his keys. My eyes dart around at the mess on the floor. I wave my hands and the mess clears up, the papers floating on the tables and boxes.

I check my breath before standing up. Don't know why I always care when I'm around him. I do a little dance to the door and when I open it, I see Walker. "Hi!"

"Hi."

Walker walks inside and I close the door. He pulls off his dark red beanie and I see "Oh, you got a haircut" I start to gently touch his new curly hair. Curly like mine, and his cu-uh, cool blonde patch a little more out now.

 Curly like mine, and his cu-uh, cool blonde patch a little more out now

"What? You don't like it?" He chuckles. "No! No, no, it looks...it looks great" I grin. He smiles that smile I love. "Okay, I'm here, what's this little surprise? By the way, if we're giving each other gifts, you should know I didn't really bring anything for you."

I start to chuckle. "No, no, I just...I wanna take you somewhere. Come on" I open the door and lead him out. I look around, making sure no one was there before teleporting away. Luckily, where I was wasn't really surrounded by a lot of people, and the people who were there didn't notice us.