71

Ricky's POV

So Miss Jenn wasn't too happy about our stunt at North High. I mean, other than Ashlyn almost falling, I think today went pretty well. We found out they stole our mask, and we won the dance-off. But I guess she didn't feel the same.

"Hi. Thank you all for coming to rehearsals this morning. I know it's a crazy day with the Career fair and all, but given all your behavior last week, I believe we are lucky to be rehearsing at all. For future reference, singing, and dancing, good. Breaking and entering, bad."

"Miss Jenn, we didn't break anything," Seb says, but Ms. J was not having it. "Would you like me to be the first?"

"I'm good."

"Okay, I'm just gonna say it" Carlos admits. "Zack Roy stole our Beast Mask. Why are you not freaking out?"

"Because winners don't freak out, Carlos. They rise. When they go low, we sing high." She lets out some weird vocal rise that makes us all jump. "That seems unnecessary" Jack mumbles.

"Your comments would be the unnecessary things, Mr. Angel."

I'm not focusing on them. "Um, have you seen Nini?" I whisper to Big Red. "Every time I open Instagram" Big Red holds up his phone. Yeah, Nini started her own account. Yeah, yeah, I'm proud of Nini and all, but I really don't wanna talk about that. "Yeah, thanks. I mean, here at school."

He shakes his head. Okay, no, Nini and I didn't leave things on a great note last year and the whole "EJ bad guy" didn't help either. And, uh, no, over the weekend, we didn't talk. Actually, none of us talked after the Brotherhood. But, look, I'm, uh, well, I'm not sure what's gonna happen when I see her today.

My eyes dart up to Walker. He flashes me a smile, but I look back down. I haven't talked to Walker over the weekend either. It's not anything he did, well, I don't think so. It's something about me, and I guess Walker triggers it or something like that.

I did something this weekend.

Something that I don't want anyone else to know.

Gina's POV

"Okay, let's rehearse," Miss Jenn says. "EJ, remember where you are emotional. Belle just rebuked your marriage proposal and LeFou u=us rallying you guys to boost you back up. Let's hit it!"

I didn't get a chance to talk to EJ over the weekend, not in person. He'd decline my facetime, and when I try to text him, he'd just say he was fine, but I know he isn't. I turn around to him, at least here, he'll have to talk. "Okay, don't forget to start on your left foot at the top of the chorus."

"Thank you, anything else?"

"Don't fall over."

"You dance people have all the best advice" he chuckles quietly. I could tell something was wrong, and I'm trying to be a good girlfriend and help him through. "EJ, I know a lot of stuff went down this weekend. If it's bothering you, we can talk about it."

"Yeah, I'd rather not." With that, he walks away. I'm trying to be supportive, but I don't know how.

Ashlyn's POV

"Go get 'em, Biggie!" I shout. I just Big Red to know I'm all for him and not Antione. "Thanks, all good" he smiles. "I wasn't saying you weren't. Just know that I am loyally rooting for you, okay?"

"Qui, Qui" he grins. He's a little upset about the french kid. We're, uh, working through it.

EJ's POV

"You 2 seem interesting" I chuckle to Red. "Yea, sometimes I wonder what's harder: her being a superhero, or her being in a relationship." I just laugh. And not just to let people know I'm fine, but a genuine laugh. I haven't done that all weekend.