26

Derek's POV

I was laying on my bed in pain. That punk, EJ did a real number on me.

The good thing is that I did what I was assigned to do. The Brotherhood will take it from here. And now all I have to do is rest. Thank goodness, I have a bruised rip and everything, I forgot that he has super strength.

"You good, kid?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I tell the leader of the Brotherhood of Fear. Well, that's what everyone else calls him. I personally call him dad.

"Good, I'm glad, really," he says. Yeah, my dad's the leader of a crime syndicate, but he still cares about me. But I want more, I'm next in line to be the leader, I need to prove it, I need to show him that I'm ready. "I can go back. I can get him."

"No, you need to rest," he tells me. "Don't worry, you're time will come. Take some time, leave the rest to the Brotherhood."

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best...corrupt. I told Captain Power and Emerald Fire before they died that I would do the worst thing possible to them. I would come after their pride and joy, the one most person they love most in the world: their son."

EJ's POV

I've been having nightmares!

Ever since I fought one of that Brotherhood of Fear guys, it's been the same nightmare. I'm killing, either that or fighting brutally. Repeatedly punching, blowing someone up, stabbing people. But either way, the Nightmare goes, it ends with me covered in blood.

I don't know what's happening, but last time I had a Nightmare, everything in it came true. Maybe this time I can prevent it from happening. I definitely don't wanna kill people.

I decide to push past it and get dressed. Nini was back in town and we were all going to the mall to celebrate our roles in the play. I honestly love Gaston! I get to act cocky and put on this "big tough voice" can't wait for Opening Night! It's the one excuse I get to act normal.

I get dressed and walk downstairs. Ash is already downstairs, waiting for me. We were picking up Ricky, Gina, and Nini.

"Hey, took you long enough" She grins, but I just roll my eyes at her. "Would you just come on?"

"Mom, dad, we'll be back!" Ashlyn shouts.

"Bye-bye, Ashlyn," Asher says giving her a hug. "Bye, bye, E-Day" he gives me a hug as well. I was so worried about him yesterday, but thankfully, whoever that was, he didn't touch him. "Bye, bye, bud."

Ash and I got in the car and drove, we picked up the girls, then we picked up Ricky, I also forced Ashlyn to change seats so Gina could sit in the front with me. "I'm not changing seats!" Ashlyn bickers.

"Ash! I'd like to sit with my girlfriend!" After a few minutes of complaining, Ricky manipulates Ashlyn's mind, making her sit in the back seat. "Thanks, Curls" I grin, giving him a fist bump.

"Eej, that was wrong," Gina tells me.

"I know, but it was worth it," I say, keeping my eyes on the road, but taking her hand in mine.

We make it to the mall, and we were the last ones there. Apparently, everyone else beat up. "Finally!" Carlos groans. I see Ricky reading his mind, but I elbow his arm. "Why are you doing that?"

"Seb had to stop him from going" he chuckles. Okay, not gonna lie, that's pretty funny.

"Okay, we're all here, let's go," Amber says.

Ricky's POV

The girls head off in their own direction while I and the boys head to our usual stores.