48

Seb's POV

I drive Carlos to the farm. I'm really glad he made it...he's totally confused, but he made it, and everything was going great. "We're here! I'm so glad you came."

"What else would I be doing today, of all days?" He may not be aware of what's going on, but trust me, he's gonna be so happy and excited. I hope he does. "The ride over here was, uh...exciting."

"I only have a Driver's License for farm equipment."

EJ's POV

"All right. Come on, let's do a quick camera check. I don't wanna screw this up" after I ran away from school, I just stayed in my room and kept uncontrollably electrocuting everything. I can't control my speed. So before I came here, I grabbed a power-dampening cuff from my Uncle.

And I kind of took Mazzara up on his offer. I've been dropping by the AV Club for a couple of weeks. He wants to figure out my story and, uh, try to find more interesting people to learn from. Plus, I love Carlos, so simple math. I'm gonna make that kid a birthday tribute he will never forget.

I was practicing my camera on Mr. Mazzara. "I, uh...I didn't prepare anything to say about Carlos."

"Oh, that's the whole point. Just trying to capture things on the fly tonight. And we're rolling."

"They'll be here in 2 minutes!" Miss Jenn tells us. "Oh, look at this fancy setup. Don't forget to get my good side later."

"Which side is that?" Mister M asks. "Smooth" I laugh. That's when I electrocuted the camera. That actually hurt. Why am I hurting myself?

"Wait, cut, nope. That is not going on the birthday tribute."

"Too late."

"Caswell."Okay, maybe I should.

"Hey, guys" Ricky walks. "Mazzara, can I have a moment with EJ?"

"Sure, make sure he cuts the video of me," he says before walking off. "What's up, Bubba?"

"You. You've been acting weird ever since you got kidnapped. And I think it's more since you almost killed that Emily Pratt girl." He crosses his arms. I wrap my hand around my cuff, buried under my sleeve. I don't want to talk about this now.

"Ricky, I don't wanna talk about this."

"EJ, you need to. If you don't want to with your girlfriend, at least talk with it to your best friend." He's right. I don't feel comfortable talking to Gina yet, so I guess I can talk to Ricky. "I've just been feeling weird. It's like there's something inside me I can't control. It makes me want to be brutal. That's what happened when I was at their headquarters. I don't know what's wrong...I just...what?"

I saw Ricky looking down at my sleeve. He tries to reach for it, but a move my arm away. He tries a few more times and I keep moving it away. Until he immobilizes my arm from moving. He grabs it and rolls up my sleeve, he looks at me shocked. "A power dampening cuff?"

"I just didn't wanna ruin Carlos's birthday. Seb wants this night to be perfect."

Ricky looks around to see if anyone's looking then grabs my hand, but I shock him, red electricity shooting his arm. "Okay...just come with me" we both walk to a private room in the barn. "EJ, you don't need this. You can do this. Whatever's wrong, we can talk to your uncle later. It's gonna be okay. Do you have the key?"

"Ricky, I can't."

"EJ...trust me. Give me the key."

I dig in my back pocket and hand him the key. He takes it and takes it off the cuff. "Let's get through tonight, okay?"