36

EJ's POV

I was in the locker room getting dressed. I've been wondering who the brotherhood guy was. If the others said he was here, I believe them, but no one seems to... suspicious.

"Good game team," Derek tells the others. As they walk out, Derek tells me something. " Yo, EJ, quick question."

"Yeah, what?"

"Does this hurt?" Derek grabs and tosses me into a locker. Well, I found who I'm looking for. "You're from the Brotherhood."

"Surprise." Derek closes the door and takes a blaster from his bag. "This is gonna be fun."

"You're right." I toss a psionic sphere at him, the gun falling out of his hand. I super-speed to him and elbow him into the wall. As he gets back up, I stomp on the ground, creating a shock wave that keeps him down.

He grabs his blaster and tries to shoot at me, but I speed to the side before turning invisible. I kick his gun out of his hand and reveal myself, kneeing him a few times before tossing him across the room into a wall.

"What do you want with me?"

"It's not what I want, it's what the leader wants. I want you to meet him."

He takes a Grenade out of his bag and tosses it at me, black smoke coming out. I fall to the ground and everything goes black.

Nini's POV

Ricky, Gina, and the others ran to the gym to tell EJ's uncle and aunt about EJ being kidnapped. We left the others because they don't know that they know we were heroes. We race into the training room to find Mr. Caswell.

"Kids, what's wrong?" Mr. Caswell asks.

"The brotherhood kidnapped EJ."

"What?"

"They took him after his game and we don't know where he is."

"Um, okay, maybe I can track him" he grabs his computer and tries to track him, but nothing. "They must've disabled his watch." Great, EJ is stuck with his parent's worst enemy, there has to be a way to save him.

"What do we do?" Gina ask.

Unless you guys have an idea of where he could be, I don't know."

This is terrible I look at Ricky, who looks down with his eyes closed. "Ricky?"

Ricky's POV

I had this weird feeling. Like this sense or something. Maybe it's a new power. It was like I was seeing the past, like Gina. I see...EJ! And...Derek? He was dragging him into some building. The building...I've passed it a few times. it was a long way from here on foot, but a flight wouldn't be too bad.

That's it!

Derek's part of the Brotherhood of Fear. He kidnapped EJ.vI gotta find him. I open my eyes and look around. "I know where he is" I grab an earpiece and walk out, pressing my watch and transforming into my suit.

"Wait, Ricky, where is he?" Gina asks.

"A building far from here. Derek is the one who kidnapped him. I saw it, like...his past, I think it's a new power. I know how to get there from here, I'll be back." I walk out of the door and make my way up. I walk out of the gym and telekinetically close the door before flying into the sky.

 I walk out of the gym and telekinetically close the door before flying into the sky

EJ's POV

When I come to, I'm in a dark room. I try to get up, but I see I'm tied to a chair, along with power-dampening cuffs on my wrist. I try to break free, but no hope.

(This is where I imagine he's at)

 "Good, you're awake" Derek was in front of me

"I knew there was a reason I hated you," I chuckle. "So my guess is you were the guy who attacked me? In my own house? You know that is so low, even for you."

"Oh, come on, Caswell, you know I can go lower. But no, that wasn't me. That was another guy who got powers...from you. Now thanks to you, we got a whole new group."

"So who's the big guy? Cause I know you're not smart enough to think of all this" I grin. Even if I'm kidnapped, I'm still gonna tease him. I can tell I'm getting to him, but he just grins. "I would take this time to torture you, but maybe...my old man will..."

I turn my head and see a guy in the Brotherhood armor approaching me. Derek walks away and it's just me and the guy. "It's nice to meet you, Invisispeed, or EJ Caswell, son of Captain Power and Emerald Fire."

"How do you know so much about me?"

"I've had surveillance on you...and your parents. I know a lot about you. Your girlfriend is Gina Porter, Visioness. Your best friend is Ricky Bowen, Chaos. And you...are the reason half of the people in Salt Lake have superheroes... or supervillains. I'm a well-known enemy of your parents."

"So what do you want with me?"

"I promised your parents...before they died of different causes, that I'd come for their son, their pride and joy."

Well, it's glad to know I was their pride and joy, but "Wait, different causes?"

"Oh come on, you think your parents, the strongest heroes in the world, simply died from an explosion. No, it was a little more."

"What...killed them?"

He got closer to me, I could feel his breath through his helmet. I back up into my seat, waiting for his answer.

"I killed them."

"What?" My heart stops, and my breathing picks up as my eyes widen. "What are you talking about? They...T-They died in an explosion, you're crazy."

"I understand if you don't believe me, I know it must be a lot to take in."

"You're lying! My uncle would've told me!"

"Not if you didn't know. If you want...I could show you." He raises his hand which starts glowing black. He touches my temple and suddenly the room morphs. "How did you...?"

"Memory manipulation. One of my powers. Other villains only rely on powers, I rely on power and technology."

I look in the distance. I'm in my house...no

Mom?

Dad??

So the next chapter's not going be with EJ, or any of them, it's gonna be with EJ's parents! I thought this would be a pretty cool chapter to have back in the "Glory Days." And EJ is gonna have a very important relationship with "Spite" who that is if you guys were confused on who that would be. And yes, Derek is a part of the Brotherhood, I didn't just bring him in to be the main bully, he had meaning, as does everyone else in this story. And yes, I'm using the same person I used to play EJ's mom in HSMTMTS Season 3 because these 2 would be such an AMAZING Duo and I need to see them together. Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are.