59

Ricky's POV

I walk through the halls. I owe Miss Jenn an apology. I shouldn't have snapped at her like that. I peek my head through the door and see her working. I softly knock and she looks up.

"You can come in, Ricky." I walk over and take a seat across from her, dropping my bag near my floor. "I, um...I just wanted to apologize. As me, not as the Beast, for blowing up at you." I keep my gaze down, I was too ashamed to look at her.

"Apology accepted."

I pick up my bag and was about to walk out, but she says "I've spoken to your dad. We both agreed it's best if we take a break."

I finally look back up at her. "Really?"

"Theater is a safe space. We both agreed that ever since you learned about the baby, you haven't seemed very safe."

"I've just been...adjusting...to a lot of stuff recently."

"Have you talked to your dad about it?"

"Yeah, he was never the parent to go to about problems."

"Have you visited your mom lately?"

"Of course, I went to jail and visit her in her holding cell. "We haven't spoken in a minute."

"I bet she wishes she heard from you."

"Please, she hates me with a passion."

"That doesn't mean you have to hate her" I look up at her unsure about my thoughts about mom. The school bell rings. I guess I should go. I grab my bag and almost make it out the door, but turn around to tell her something.

"I'd ask him if he would be okay...if his happily ever after changed."

She looks up at me confused. "I'm sorry."

"The Beast. That's what I would ask my future self."

Nini's POV

"Hey! It's your girl, Kourtney Leave a message. Bye!" Kourtney's voicemail says. "Hey, Kourt! I was hoping we could meet up in the auditorium. Yeah, just wanted to play you something. Um, I don't know...I guess I just wanted to say I realize that Jack was right. I've been having so much trouble writing a duet because I tried to write it from the Beast's point of view. But once I switched it and it became about the Rose being a Rose, it was so easy. Um, I wanna thank you, cause you don't care what anyone thinks of you and that's what makes you cool. So you kinda inspired that. Thanks. So thank you. Um...so here it is. The Rose Song. Hope you like it."

I walk over to the Piano and place my phone on it. I take a seat. I start to play the piano and sing. Soon, electricity and lightning flow through my fingers and I smile. I'm not that shy hero anymore. I'm Lightning.

All my life, I've seen myself through your eyes
Wonderin' if I am good enough for your time
You love me but for all the wrong reasons

Am I somethin' to you and not someone?
'Cause I feel trapped on this pedestal you put me on
You tell me that I'm beautiful but I think that's an understatement

'Cause I am more than what I am to you
You say I'm perfect but I've got thorns with my petals, too
And I won't be confined to your point of view
I'm breakin' through the glass you put me in
'Cause my beauty's from within

Oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh
My beauty's from within
Oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

So, I am done livin' my lifе just for you
You watched me wither and now you'll watch mе bloom
You're hidin' in the dark but I'm reachin' for the sun, woo-ooh