17

Dennis POV

I quickly call Debby to tell her about the ring EJ was able to steal from the guy. If this is what I think it is, the kids may be in more trouble than we thought. "Yes, Dennis?"

"Honey, the ring EJ found!"

"Yeah?"

"It belongs to the Brotherhood."

"What?" She gasps. "They haven't been around since Cash and Kara died."

"You know they always find a way to figure out who they are. Do you think they know who EJ is?" I can't risk Eej suffering the same fate as his parents, he already has a lot weighing on his shoulder, and I haven't told him about his powers yet!

"Dennis, we've been keeping secrets from the kids for too long. I think it's time we tell them everything."

"But we've got so much going on. You sure this is the right time?"

"Maybe not now, but we have to tell them before they get to him. Sooner or later, Spite will introduce himself, and it won't be friendly."

"I know. We'll tell him soon. I promise. It's just...he feels like he can finally talk to us. I don't wanna mess that up more than I think I already have. He feels like he belongs now, telling him this could seriously change that."

"I know. But EJ has a right to know. It's his life we're talking about."

"You're right. I promise we will tell him. Just when the time of right."

Ricky's POV

It was time for the school assembly, also Miss Jenn's announcement for the play. I'm saving a special spot for Walker, hoping he would come. If something was really wrong with him, I wanted to try my best and help him. He deserves all the help he can get.

"You think he'll come?" Big Red asks, sitting next to me. "I'm hoping. I've been denying everyone trying to sit next to me. I gotta talk to Walker."

"Why are you so determined to talk to him?"

"Cause Jack wants me to."

"You sure about that?" Big Red nudges me. "Dude, shut up." I can't believe...does he think I like Walker? No, that's crazy! Besides, I'm not even into boys like that. Why does everyone think that I-

"Hi."

I look and see Walker sitting next to me. I start to grin as he smiles at me. "Hi."

(Heartstopper reference. One of the BEST shows I've watched so far)

"So what'd you wanna talk to me about?" He asks. Well, I had to make this quick so I can have time to listen to Miss Jenn's announcement. "Well, Jack said you seemed off today, and I wanted to talk to you. He said you were jumpy, sweaty. Everything okay?"

Walker seems a little upset about it, but he does open up. "I really don't know. Just had this outburst today. I accidentally kept breaking everything, I felt like I couldn't control myself. Never felt like that before."

I kid get it. I'd always have a destructive outburst all the time, and trust me, having the ability to move things with your mind definitely doesn't help that. "I get that. Well, if you ever need anyone to talk to, you got your boy" I grin, wrapping my arm around him, making him laugh. I love making him laugh.

"Hello, Wildcats" Miss Jenn smiles. "I have a very important announcement for every theater kid in this room! This semester, we are entering the Alan Menken Award for High School Musical theater. And we are going to win because we are doing...Beauty and the Beast."