58

EJ's POV

I was walking through the halls, trying to clear my mind, but I run into Ricky, on his phone. "Oh, hey."

"Hey."

"You probably don't wanna see me, do ya?"

"Do what you want, EJ. Whatever's going on, I wouldn't wanna choke the truth out of you."

Okay, I deserve that. I guess he still needs some time, but I have to talk to him. "Ricky, I wanna show you something" he looks at me confused and I roll up my sleeve, showing him my black veins.

He walks up and takes my arm. "EJ...what's going on?"

"The Blood Lust. It's getting worst. I didn't want to tell you cause I didn't want you to worry about me."

"You didn't want me to worry that my best friend's disease is getting worst? EJ, we used to tell each other everything. You pushed me to tell you about my mom, what's wrong?"

"He's afraid."

Zach walks through the hallways and looks at us. I hold out my hand and so does Ricky. "What are you doing here?"

"You're always on your guard, EJ. Just like your old man was."

"Get out of here!"

"Sure, but I just came to ask you to stop resisting that little Blood Lust in you. I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself."

"He's not giving into that!" I tell him. "We're gonna help him! And why would he ever do that?"

"Cause I can always make him" he holds his hand and his eyes start to glow. "ARGH!" EJ falls to the ground and his veins grow darker. Their bulging so hard they could pop right out. "EJ!" I lean down and grab his hand. "What are you doing to him?"

"That corruption is also my power, so I can induce that corruption if I want. Let me demonstrate, this will be fun."

He drops his hands and grins. EJ slowly gets on one knee. "EJ?" The next thing I knew, he swung his arm and I fly across the hallway. I slowly get back up and see my friend, his veins black on both arms and glowing red.

"Have fun" Zach says. And tell Jennie I said he." Well, he's on my list now. EJ speeds towards me and throws me to the other side "First, you choke me and now you're throwing me. I liked you better when I was the one going through trouble.

He raises his hand and I bright red bubble fills the room. I look around, I try to leave, but there was a force field, surrounding us. He trapped us. No leaving right now.

EJ levitates in the air, his body glowing brighter, tilting his head. He looks down at me with a death glare.

Okay, let's make it a light show. I let my powers surge through my arms. I hover into the air, gritting my teeth.

(EJ is Scarlet Witch and Ricky is Captain Marvel)