28

Ricky's POV

I was on my phone with my dad. It was Valentine's Day and whether I want to admit it or not, he was always my Valentine. For most sons, like EJ or Big Red, it would be their moms, but most sons don't have mothers who always beat them and made them bleed.

"So, kid, you know what would be a great Valentine's Day gift for your old man? Letting him know your decision on the baby."

I've been trying my best not to think about that, I wanna be happy, I don't wanna think about that. "Well, I haven't really thought of it. Still trying to process this. Dad of the year."

"Kid, you know I would never wanna do something to make you uncomfortable, but I do also want what's best for the baby."

"I know, you always want what's best for everyone."

"And I want good people to have a good life. The baby didn't do what your mom did. Please think about it."

"Hey, Curls!"

I look up and see EJ walking up, dressed in all red. "Hey, Miss Jenn needs you for the next scene, you good?"

"We'll talk later, bud, bye."

My dad hangs up and I look down. What if I didn't want the baby? I'm finally feeling happy now and this ruins it. "Hey, bubba, what's up?"

"Baby problems. What's with the getup? You look redder than blood."

His entire outfit was all different shades of red. Even his ring. I know red is his color, but that's an awful lot. He starts to chuckle before answering. "It's my first Valentine's day with Gina. I'm excited, but only a bit, trying to stay cool about it."

"You're wearing all red."

"Huh, just happened, I guess. Come on" EJ pulls me up and leads me into the room. My friend. Glad he's happy, but sometimes he can be so...him.

"Okay," Carlos says. "The title song of Beauty and the Beast is the centerpiece of our show. Written at the height of Ashman and Menken's powers and it's their most romantic ballad since Suddenly, Seymour. As a reminder, Belle is finally falling for the Beast and it's not because of Stockholm syndrome. Love is Love."

"Ricky and Ash, it's time to review the waltz," ina says and we et up. "Let's take it way under tempo."

Would now be a bad time to admit I don't know how to dance?

Seb starts to play the piano. I wish I could let Ashlyn lead, but I guess I gotta. Kourtney starts to sing lowly as I kinda struggle, but try not to show it. "You okay?" Ash asks me. "Yeah, sorry. Just..family drama again. Super tired."

"Can you at least use both your feet?"

I try and follow Ash's movement, but I keep messing up. "Kourtney, honey" Miss Jenn says. "I know we aren't up to show tempo, but sing out, and make sure to really look at Belle and the Beast during the song. Remember, what Mrs. Potts is observing is a miracle. Belle is the most beautiful girl in the land and the Beast is, I'm sorry, Ricky, beastly."

Why is she apologizing? I can definitely be a beast sometimes.

"Maybe close your eyes and imagine the full scene in makeup and wardrobe. Ready?"

"Hey, do you mind if I take a quick five?" Ashlyn ask.

"Everything okay, honey?"

"Yeah, of course." I bet I did something. But to be honest, it has to be weird for her to pretend to be in love with her cousin's best friend when she's already dating one of my best friends.

HSMTMTS: The Core Four 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara