25

EJ's POV

I was in my room. Uncle Dennis and Aunt Debby were out, Ashlyn was spending the night with Nini and Gina, so it was just me and Asher, and I just put him to bed. So really, it was just me. Might as well be for the best, I need some time to think about what I just heard.

I still can't believe what I did. I know I didn't mean to, but those powers were mine, all those people who have powers, Ash, Walker, their lives are messed up because of me. I know, I know, it's not my fault and I didn't know...but I still wish I could've done something.

My thoughts are cut off when I hear a thud from outside my room. I sit up a little worried. "Ash?" I call out. No response.

My senses start to go off like crazy. Something's wrong. I get up from my bed and open the door, looking out. I start to walk downstairs, a bubble forming in my hand.

I make it to the Living Room, looking around

I make it to the Living Room, looking around. No one was there, but something was wrong. It was windy, and the lights were flickering, I felt like someone was there, but nobody was there.

As I turn around, the roof breaks and someone drops through. The guy was in black and gold armor with a helmet that has glowing green eyes. I didn't have time to think before he starts swinging at me. I jump back and fall, backing up as he comes closer.

He opens a bottle from his pocket and sprays me. I cough violently as I accidentally absorb that black dust. I slowly struggle to get back up. "Who are you?"

"I'm from the Brotherhood. And we've been waiting for a long time, Elijah. Or should I say Invisispeed?"

How does he know my superhero name? If he knows who I am, that means everyone I love is in danger! I'd call for help, but my phone's upstairs. I can't speed because he'll find me. Guess I gotta fight, I get up and tilt my head, my eyes glowing red. "If I knew that, I would've come sooner."

He tries to punch me, but I quickly slide under his arm before kicking him in the back. He turns back and black smoke emerges from his hand, grabbing me. He has powers.

 "Thanks for the powers, by the way

"Thanks for the powers, by the way." Of course, there's a criminal on the loose because of me. He throws me across the dining room. I hit the roof and fell off the counter, knocking off everything and getting a cut on my face.