EJ

EJ's POV

I absorbed all of the Brotherhood's powers and Lily conjured some magic jar to store them all in. I gotta admit, seeing Zach in handcuffs gave me some closure, but not enough.

I wash all the blood off my fist and face in the bathroom. Guess I lied to myself. I thought that I wouldn't regret it if I killed Zach, but I regretted coming close. I regretted killing everyone I'd killed. That's not what my parents would want for me. that's not what my friends wanted for me. I've only been at slices for about 10 minutes, but I already couldn't stand to be around everyone, even for a very short period of time.

I was supposed to be better for my parents, but the truth is I'm just as bad as Zach himself. Every time I try to find who I am, something else decides for me. As I splash cool water over my previously tear-stricken face, I constantly question myself, 'Why am I like this, why am I so different from the rest?'

After a couple more splashes of very cold water, I finally pull myself together. This is Ashlyn's big day, don't be selfish. Pull yourself together. 

This is Ash's big night and I don't wanna rain on their parade, so I think I'm gonna leave. I couldn't handle the pain tonight, ut of all nights.

After making sure I looked normal, I walked out of the bathroom.

"EJ" Gina smiles. "Come to enjoy the party." At this point, I had hoped that Gina wouldn't talk to me. I don't want to face her tonight. Not because she did anything wrong, but because I did. Why would she still want me after everything?

"I, uh, I actually think I'm gonna call it a night. See ya tomorrow."

I quickly walk away and grab his bag. Right as I was about to leave, Ash walks up to him. "Hey, so why'd you ignore Gina?" she asks. Ashlyn really has a way of getting to the center of stuff. Unable to hide my disappointment, I respond honestly, "I don't think she wants to get back together. After everything I did."

Ashlyn crosses her arms and briefly looks back at Gina. "Did she tell you that?" she asks.

"Not to my face, but when we were on our 'Spring Break of Doom' adventure, I heard her say that we should be friends forever. So I guess it's over." I take another glance at Gina before heading out. As I walk past the window I notice Ashlyn going to talk to Gina. I decide to ignore it and continue toward my car. Just as I start to get close I hear the restaurant door open and someone shouting my name. I turn to find Gina smiling and waving at me. 

"Gina? What's going on?" I walk in front of my car.

She runs across the street and meets me. She grabs my cheek and waist and pulls me in for a deep and passionate kiss.

The kiss lasts a few seconds before we pull away and She kisses me again, practically pinning me against my car. Then again, and again, until we've gotten into a pretty good rhythm. Just as she pulls away for air, my smile was genuine but confused. What was that?

"I do want to be with you. EJ, you, you are the greatest guy I've ever known. I don't care what you've done, it wasn't you. You've always done the best thing for all of us. You helped Nini overcome her obstacles to making music. You gave Ricky a home when he thought he had no one. You...you reconnected me with my brother. You helped me tear down my wall and open up" I can no longer hold my smile back.

"You are my hero. Which I know is cheesy but looking at how my life has gone, hero is entirely the right word to use." she pauses again and lets me take a breath. "I really like you, maybe even more than that."

"But, G, everything I did-"

"Wasn't you. You were infected. We know you. We all know the real you. EJ...you are wonderful. And we made a pact. So...you can officially consider me...you're girlfriend again." I take his hands in mine and kiss his cheek.

I smile widely. "You know, as much as I would love to keep this moment going-"

"You wanna get some rest, I get that."

"I'll see you tomorrow" I slowly walk to my car, wanting to hold onto her hand a little longer.

(The Next Day)

I grab my red leather jacket. Ricky, Nini, and Gina asked me to meet them at mom and dads graves. I don't know what the big deal is, but I guess I should. 

I grab my white sneaks and leave the house. Right when I'm alone, I stop walking and speed the rest of the way.

I finally make it and see my 3 best friends already there. "Uh, hey guys. What's up?"

Ricky walks up to me and puts something in my hand. I open my palm and see what he put. "The potion?"

"Yeah, Lily remade it. I meant to give it to you on Opening Night. I meant to give it to you at the After-Party, but ya know, Zach Attack!"

"Never say that again" Nini laughs.

"Go ahead, drink it," Gina tells me.

I look at myself and see my face was gone. I almost hesitate. What if I didn't deserve to be cured? After everything I did. "What's wrong?" Gina asks.

"What if I don't deserve this cure? What if I don't deserve anything? I've never felt like I belonged. Like no matter how hard I try, I'll always be the freak of East High. I never thought I would ever have that feeling disappear. And this whole thing has turned me into someone I never wanted to be. I did terrible things, I almost got blood on my hands. I even almost killed him. I can't come back from that even if I tried."

"EJ, trust us" Nini grabs his shoulder. "If anyone deserves this, it's you. Now come on, drink it."

I slowly unscrew the top and drink. Wow, that tastes disgusting. But it's green so should expect it.

My veins start building. It felt weird, and I've had a lot of weird feelings. I start twitching when I feel the potion basically taking over my whole body. My eyesight flickered from red to normal. My heartbeat started pounding so hard, I think it might explode.

I look down at my arms, the darkness in my veins fading away. I saw my skin return to its normal state. I take a deep breath, for the first time in a long time.

I feel normal.

"How'd you feel?" Gina grabs my arm. I smile. A real smile. A genuine, happy, and relaxed smile. "I feel good."

"You look good too" Ricky pats my shoulder, making me laugh.

"Glad to have you back, cap" Nini gives me a tight hug, and Ricky and Gina join in too. See, told ya, kid, everything worked out perfectly.

He was right. Everything worked out perfectly. Except there was one thing I needed to take care of.

My friend needed a home.

And I'm gonna give him one.

And after such a long journey, EJ is finally free of the BloodLust. I was waiting for that moment to write this and now it's finally here. But he still has some unfinished business. Finally, Ricky's ending is coming. Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are.