27

Ricky's POV

Today's the day, Ashlyn and Walker's first day of training. Walker told me I could stop by his place to pick him up. I drive up to his house but stay out of his driveway. I approach the door and give it a knock.

A man opens the door and gives me a smile. "Hi, Mr. Brodsky. I'm Ricky, I'm here to pick up Walker so we could hang out."

"Ah, you're the famous Ricky" he grins at me. "Walker will be right down. Ya know, he talks about you a lot" that kinda makes me grin. Walker talks about me? What does he say? "Does he now?"

"What did he tell you?" Walker shows up putting on his blue buttoned-up shirt as a jacket. "Just that you talk about me" I grin at the boy with the blonde patch. He turns red and looks down. "And on that note, we're gonna go," he says before grabbing my arm and leading me to my car.

"It was nice to meet you, Mr. Brodsky," I say as I'm being dragged by Walker. "Ya know, I'm not gonna judge you just cause you talk about me," I say as we get in the car. "Yeah, I uh, I'm sorry, he's embarrassing."

"Hey, what did I tell you about sorry?" I chuckle. I don't want him to feel sorry when he doesn't have anything to be sorry about. Does that sound weird? Whatever, it doesn't matter.

We drive to the gym. As I open the door, I spot Walker's sneakers. There were supposedly white but there were little drawings all over. "You drew those?" I ask him, remembering how he said he and his mom used to draw on their shoes all the time.

"Yeah, my mom and I used to do it while she was around."

"Did she pass?"

"Uh, yeah" he stutters. "Oh, I'm sorry" I grab his shoulder. I know what it's like to lose your mom, but at least I have a chance to see her again, not that I'd ever want to! I lead him into the gym, hoping I could get his mind off of her mom.

We walk in and meet the others waiting for us. "Great, your guts are here, come with me," Dennis says.  We follow him into an empty space in the forest.

"What are we doing here?" Ashlyn asks.

"I wanna figure more about what you guys can do before we start actually training. Ash, sweetie, you're first."

Ashlyn walks up to him and looks at the computers his Uncle set up.  Uncle Dennis walks up to him and wraps a metal wristband around her arm. Just like last time. "This is gonna track how much you can do. Go ahead."

____________________________________________________________

Ashlyn's POV

I start to look around, seeing if there's anything I can use. I close my eyes and the next thing I know, I'm flying in the sky! I CAN TELEPORT!!! BEST DAY EVER.

I look forward, look at the number of trees. I fly forward, shooting holes through every last one of them. I fly throughout the entire forest, blasting holes through trees, I've never felt this confident, not even when I was cast as Belle.

 I fly throughout the entire forest, blasting holes through trees, I've never felt this confident, not even when I was cast as Belle