13

Nini's POV

"That's exactly what I said," Ricky sighs, setting his hot chocolate mug back down on the coffee table.

Ricky and I were sprawled out on the floor in our treehouse, having just finished decorating the Christmas tree together, celebrating Christmas together. He told me he thinks his dad is hiding something from him.

"Are you sure? I mean, he just got out of jail a few weeks ago, he found out his son is a superhero and his wife is a villain, maybe he's still in shock."

"Yeah, I guess you're right" he shrugs. I really hope everything's okay, he's happy again, wouldn't want anything bad to happen to that. I missed my Curly-haired bumblebee.

Well, maybe this will make you feel better, here ya go" I smile, giving him a wrapped skateboard. "Aww! A skateboard!" He smiles. How does he know?

"You haven't even opened it."

"I don't have to" he snickers. Yeah, I'm terrible at wrapping gifts, but thought I'd give it a shot. "Okay, here's mine," he says before grabbing my Ukele. "What's going on?" I ask, confused. He gives me a smile before talking.

"Um, I kinda made this song. It's about you, EJ, Gina, mainly you 3. You guys kinda helped me out."

"Bumblebee, I-"

"And you don't have to say anything!" He quickly tells me, putting his hand up in defense. "You, EJ, Gina, you guys really helped me with my home problems. And I don't know how to thank you guys, so this is for you. I really didn't know what to get so I hope this is enough."

It's pretty funny how when we don't know what to get each other, we write each other's songs. "Ready?" He asks with a smile. I nod my head and lean back as he starts to play.

I still remember the first time we ever kissed
We didn't need no mistletoe to know what loving is
Through every up and down, there's one thing that stays true
Christmas is better every second it's with you

I don't got much to give
So I hope you think this is

The perfect gift that I could give
To the perfect gift that ever lived
Yeah, this song's the second best that I could do
When the perfect gift is you, you

I can't pretend that this has been the perfect year
You held my hand through every tear
You were a home for me when I had no one there
And I promise you that I'm not going anywhere

I don't got much to give
So I hope you think this is

The perfect gift that I could give
To the perfect gift that ever lived
Yeah, this song's the second best that I could do
When the perfect gift is you, you

When seasons change and I've lost my way
It'll be okay with you by my side
And darlin', that's why

This song's the second best that I could do
When the perfect gift is you, you

I just about melt into a puddle on the living room floor, tears springing into my eyes listening to the incredibly cheesy and adorable song he wrote just for me. And as he was strumming his guitar, his hands were glowing gold. "Guess it's a little effect" he laughs, shaking his hands until the mist vanishes.

"Ricky, that was amazing!" I smile. I never knew he had that in him, I never knew he even wrote songs. "Harry Styles could never."

"Ahha!" He laughs. "No, Bumblebee, I'm serious. That was amazing!"