DOOR KNOB

DOOR KNOB

Just a little back ground, my parents had me 11 months apart sa kuya ko. I’m a middle child and since my parents are both working, and we’re both babies, someone has to be with lolo and lola and that was me. So apparently, i‘m a lolo and lola’s boy. Sila ang nag-alaga sakin since i was 3 months old.

Fast forward to 2004, i was in grade 6, my lolo died due to throat cancer due to smoking and all.

So the funeral was held at our family house in Dagupan City(by the way, we used to live in Sta. Barbara at this time, 1 hour away from our family house). My school was near where i live so every time i get out from school, i immediately go home, change clothes then go to Dagupan. It was the 3rd day of lamay when this happened. It was a busy day at school so apparently, i was so tired that day, after ng dismissal namin, i went straight sa bahay in Sta. Barbara to change clothes and to clean myself first. So since laging walang tao sa bahay, and they wont lend me the key sa front door kasi baka mawala ko, every time na uuwi ako, sa back door ako dumadaan kasi they would always leave it unlocked. By the way, our bahay is bungalow type lang. You have to go around the house to get to that back door. It was 4:30PM. So after i got in, ni-lock ko the door kasi nga i was already in naman na and no one’s coming in naman na. The 2 main doors were locked, the sliding windows in our sala were closed, no air was coming in. Yung adjacent room na tapat ng kwarto kung san ako pumunta is shut. So mainit inside the house, since pagod ako from school i’ve decided to watch yung series na i look forward to seeing every time uuwi ako. Palit damit, switch aircon, switch TV, dapa in front of the TV, watching. Ni-lock ko din pala the room where i was in. So after a few minutes, nawala sa isip ko na mag-isa lang pala ako. There’s someone trying to get in. As in yung door knob was moving as if someone was trying to get in pero locked. Since nawala sa isip ko na i was alone, I dahan dahan went to the door then immediately open the door as i would normally do when my cousin and I are naglolokohan. It was like parang straight 1 minute na gumagalaw yung door knob, kasi hindi ko kaagad binuksan since i thought i wasn’t alone nga and my cousin was just messing around. Then when i opened the door i shouted, “Bea!” It’s as if i was trying to catch and hulaan kung sino gumagawa nun, pagbukas ko walang nasa pinto. Remember, closed all doors and windows pero there was cold air na dumampi sa skin ko and biglang amoy bulaklak ng patay ang naamoy ko and someone whispered, “gala la” meaning “tara na” in Pangasinan in my lolo’s tone ha. I was stunned for 10 seconds before i finally realised, f*ck! Ako nga lang pala mag isa dito. Tumayo lahat ng balahibo ko and for someone na hindi naniniwala sa paranormal, natakot ako bigla and biglang patay ng TV hugot sa sasakyan ang appliances and got out of the house as fast as i could and nung lumalabas ako i can feel something cold sa may shoulders ko as if someone is pushing me towards the door trying to make me leave the house immediately. After that, i went straight to lamay. So every time na i get out from school, rekta lamay na agad. I can still remember vividly everything up until now. And still kinikilabutan pa din ako.

It was a long story for that short scene pero i just thought i had to share it since no one ang may alam ng nangyari sakin. Thank you for reading!

📜Let's Takutan, Pare
▪︎2022▪︎